• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Herpes for a month and symptoms have been aggravating

Okay so... I just had my initial herpes outbreak, was never told whether it was HPV1 or HPV2. The outbreak was absolutely the worst encounter I've ever had, that's saying allot for me because I handle pain well and when sick I'm the type to get out and about. But this lead me to a 5 day hospital stay cathed and medicated. I had no idea what it was until I was diagnosed, I've only had one partner in 3 years which I'm married too. He usually gets the cold sores a few times a year. I've never even had a cold sore on my mouth even after being with him this whole time. So this was a very big hit to me. After the initial BO they put me on iv herpes antibiotics and then pills once discharged. However I couldn't get out of bed for almost a week, still healing. Odd? Trust me if you would have seen the mess that was my vagina at that time you would see why. I couldn't even walk. Then I started to get sick, puking, shakes, dizzy, lightheaded... Called the doc back, she says stop taking meds, they make some people sick that way. Sure enough, started feeling better. However a month later, I'm itchy all the time ( All The Time). Red all the time, like the whole thing, everywhere like it's irritated. So I'm not sure if it had ever completely healed (which also 2 weeks after thinking I was finally healing my period started, don't know if that reflared it or prolonged the healing but there was some soreness) or if I'm still going through it because I'm constantly stressed, I'm an inside head stresser/happy go lucky outside head person. But I'm in a constant state of stress because well life lol. Sorry for the book but I have no where to turn for support, that's helpful. And y'all seem to be super knowledgeable and understanding! Thanks in advance for reading. I've gotten lots of answers and info from y'alls posts..... I'm a got to know as much as possible so anything is helpful!! Thanks 😘

Which medication did they have you on? Even though they're all kind of the same there's a few different meds u can take. Maybe. Also people say lysine supplements helps a little . I take lysine also I don't know if it helps but I take in case. It might be rough for a while if you try not taking medication.  Also I've heard people say periods bring it on some Times. Although I'm not a female so I'm not positive about that

• Thanks 1

I’m sorry you are having such a rough time. I am M 36 and was recently exposed to the virus. My symptoms have been going on for a month as well and has made maintaining life difficult. I’ve missed work and events. I have a constant burn in my private area and I think blisters on my tongue. I’m not taking meds now and am hoping my body will adjust. The anxiety is overwhelming so I can relate to that. I feel like the only relief I get is taking a hot shower, bath would be better but I don’t have a tub. This forum has been helpful. 2 people have reached out and responded to my post and it helps. Everyone says it gets better with time and I pray it’s true. Please reach out to us on this site for support. L lysine seems to be helpful for people so try that maybe. I’ve been avoiding chocolate and peanut butter as well as acidic foods. Thoughts are with you. A therapist may help as a sounding board if needed.

• Thanks 1

Hello!  

I have been reading on this forum for two weeks since my diagnosis, and I must tell you, Leoseekanddistoy, your story is the one that prompted me to join.  Like you, my first outbreak was Dramatic (capitol D), in that I passed out on a plane and was taken to the hospital with what I thought was severe UTI AND yeast and sores from my “anniversary” weekend of sex.  I though I had just pushed things too far to celebrate a weekend. Well, you can guess what it was.  Three bags of fluid, three antibiotics, and 5 DAYS  in bed completely out of it is nothing compared to the SEVERE pain of the open sores (I had close to 50 at one point- ouch- thank you Sex and days in a swimsuit at the beach) and sleepless nights of itching.  I’m grateful that you shared your horror story of initial outbreak, because my husband’s two spots (and no other symptoms) was making me seem like something else was wrong.  I am hopeful...7 days after Valtrex and I’m on day 2 with no meds.  I’m using “herpB Gone” salve and taking “Herp Rescue” natural lysine (and othe things) supplements and I have my fingers crossed that I will continue on the road to healing.  Note: jajoba oil with several drops of peppermint oil seems to be the BEST COMBO FOR STOPPING ITCH.  Also, epsom salt baths are life saving.  I can tell my body is fighting the virus because I have had two pain-free/itch free days...only to regress to a bad night again...reducing stress and watching my diet seems to be bolstering my immune system too.  Please follow up on your status here, Leo.  I feel like I have someone in my camp reading your story.  

Cheers to future years is outbreak free life.

OBMarina

• Thanks 1

Thanks y'all! I'm not sure of the meds it was I'd have to dig them up and look but I do know that I was on acyclovir and valtrex.

And OBmarina I went to er thinking yeast infection as I almost dug my skin into tatters, and they sent me home saying UTI and Yeast after papsmear. Ugh. Finally after urinating got so bad as to make me pass out, I told my hubby I wasn't urinating anymore, there was no way I could! He forced me back to the er and then I was diagnosed! It was so miserable I completely understand! I had sores everywhere from scratching myself raw i'm guessing? but it was from front to back so much that my skin started sticking together and I literally just had to keep showering every hour. I have changed my eating habits adding in a lot of leafy greens and lean meats as well as monitoring portion control. Water is what I prefer so not much change there, and I haven't seen a huge change...but I'm going to stick with it. My biggest thing will be stress I am sure, because I take on so many other peoples problems along with mine and I don't forsee that changing anytime soon....Alas I do it to my self though!  If Periods are an onset then I'm just done! lol I have irregular cycles. I may have a really really bad and heavy flow one month and then not see another for 2 and then bleed for 2 weeks or have one right after the other....Ugh! This will be fun. I would document in a journal like others say but I am super inconsistent and easily distracted by the monument of tasks in my mind lol. Ahhh life! Thank y'all for responding, any information is helpful! I sure hope y'all are doing well!!