• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Autoimmune diseases + herpes

I was diagnosed with GHSV1 a couple months ago & have decided to take the daily antiviral. From living with type 1 diabetes for most of my life, I’ve experienced how autoimmune diseases consistently create a chain reaction of medical issues. I assume that I largely have my disadvantaged immune system to thank for contracting this new virus.

But, not here to complain! I’m wondering if anyone here has HSV + a similar disease? Have you made connections to outbreaks with other illnesses? Do your outbreaks take longer to heal? 

For example, high blood sugars can cause frequent yeast infections that cannot be fought with natural remedies. Any insight will be helpful, thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I am also a Type 1 Diabetic. It is really a frustrating illness, as it is causal of other health problems, which is something that I hate. I wouldn't blame Diabetes on this though -- even someone with a perfect immune system will most likely get herpes if they are directly in contact with it. I am a Type 1 Diabetic and also have Herpes genital Type 1 and I've had two outbreaks over the course of three years... the first one was awful, and the second one, although mentally scarring, did not last too long. Also, I have a yeast infection right now, haha.

Recommendations:

Take Olive Leaf Extract and red marine algae supplements. They both help blood sugar and help fight herpes. Olive leaf extract also helps with your blood sugar... and yeast infections! I also take a monolaurin supplement.

Private message me if you ever want to talk abut any of this.

• 2 months later...
On 9/18/2018 at 1:57 PM, Dandelion333 said:

I was diagnosed with GHSV1 a couple months ago & have decided to take the daily antiviral. From living with type 1 diabetes for most of my life, I’ve experienced how autoimmune diseases consistently create a chain reaction of medical issues. I assume that I largely have my disadvantaged immune system to thank for contracting this new virus.

But, not here to complain! I’m wondering if anyone here has HSV + a similar disease? Have you made connections to outbreaks with other illnesses? Do your outbreaks take longer to heal? 

For example, high blood sugars can cause frequent yeast infections that cannot be fought with natural remedies. Any insight will be helpful, thank you!

Hi, I know this is an old post but just want to ask  since you mentioned autoimmune disease.I know someone who has autoimmune and contracted herpes as well. My question is, did your body react differently to herpes? How was your OB? A friend of mine who has it, got really sick...worse than flu like symptoms that we thought she won’t make it. Thanks

• 1 month later...

I had near constant outbreaks for a year. After a ton of research I decided I had to have some other immune system issue. I found a doctor that ran an extensive blood panel and he found Lyme and ebv. From what I’ve read and experienced people with a compromised immune system have more frequent outbreaks. I havent found a doctor yet that knows what to do in this situation to help. 

On 2/7/2019 at 12:37 AM, Devastated2018 said:

I had near constant outbreaks for a year. After a ton of research I decided I had to have some other immune system issue. I found a doctor that ran an extensive blood panel and he found Lyme and ebv. From what I’ve read and experienced people with a compromised immune system have more frequent outbreaks. I havent found a doctor yet that knows what to do in this situation to help. 

wow! how are your outbreaks now? Yes, a compromised immune system makes it worse. 

I have MS (had it since I was 17) and got this in July. It's listed as a common side effect of my medication as it works by further surpressing the immune system. 

My first OB was severe. I kept a pack of tablets on hand just in case, but didnt have a further OB until Christmas (i was really stressed at work). This was minor in comparison. I now take supression just so that I can stop worrying about the possibility of an OB.. as I found the fear of it worse than the reality. 

My nurses said that supression tends to used a lot more in immunocompromised patients as were more vulnerable to outbreaks 

• 3 weeks later...

I’m a male that contracted ghsv 1 last month and I have had an autoimmune disease called Lichen Planus for about 7 years but it was pretty much in remission until I contracted hsv 1. It woke this sob up like none other. It’s been attacking me for a month to where it’s unbearable. I can’t sleep and always wake up in the middle of the night itching. Erosive Lichen Planus is when your immune system starts attacking your skin for an unknown reason. There is no cure for it so now I have two incurable diseases. F’ing great. To make matters worse Lichen Planus attacked my penis and I have a Lichen Planus scar on my penis head that has not went away for over 5 years. It was starting to look a little better then bang I get diagnosed with genital hsv1. Can’t catch a break. It’s a storm out here but yeah anyways I don’t know whts causing me more trauma right now getting diagnosed with hsv or this Lichen Planus waking the hell up. I can’t take it! I’m trying to tell the lord this is more than I can handle. They say he doesn’t give you more than you can’t handle but lord I’m not as strong as you think. I hope the best for all of us on here. I wish there would be a cure. I know they say hsv is not serious but it mentally is and making me lose my mind. My doctor told me it’s not gonna kill me but it’s destroyed my mental health real quick