• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Months long outbreaks? Miserable and lost

I was diagnosed (HSV2) about two years ago. My symptoms were mostly manageable, but within the past 9 months or so, I have been having MONTHS long outbreaks. I'm currently in the middle of one that has been going for over two months now. I am in pain, my mental health is suffering, and my dating life is a disaster. I currently am on acyclovir (800 mg daily, 1200 mg for 5 days at a time during peak outbreak), I take about 3,500 mg of lysine daily. I have cut out nuts, coffee, chocolate, lentils, oatmeal, etc from my diet. I also use a home remedy of coconut oil + essential oils (tea tree, eucalyptus, oregano). Nothing seems to help or relieve any of my symptoms. Does anyone have any advice?

Hey, I feel you. I got diagnosed about 7 years ago and for the first 5 years or so I’d get one or two outbreaks a year but for some reason this past year and a half i’ve been getting them every months and a half, I’ve been taking 2500 mg a day which I’ve just been informed is a HUGE dose, the outbreaks have been reoccurring relentlessly though, I’ve had sex a few times(with disclosure) and it seems i tend to always get an ob about a week after. I feel like this might be the end of my sex life, I’m keeping my head up but it seems like it’s heading for the worst.

Hi @GlitterSaur and @Pasxx.

I am very sorry to hear that your body is struggling to keep the virus under control. It is frustrating to know you are doing everything right (and even going "extra" on it with high doses), and the virus doesn't seem to respond.

Specially when both of you mention high doses of medication, and high doses of l-lysine as well.

@GlitterSaur, you are doing everything right, and supplementing very well. Did you try to take the coconut oil as food (a tabespoon two times a day) instead of using it topically?

And to both of you: do you try eating lots of garlic in your diet, onions, pure turmeric, green leafy vegetables?

Did you tried zinc supplementation? A more alcaline and less acidid diet? Water with lemon works.

Also green tea daily works.

And then some other questions:

Would you say that you are under constant stress?

How are your thoughts about this issue in particular? Do you have a positive outlook?