• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

How do I tell my boyfriend, I might have given him herpes

Hi, I'm new here and just wanted to share my story and ask for suggestions on my current situation. Here it goes.

6 years ago I noticed a small patch of blisters in my genital/pubic area. I went to the doctor and he diagnosed me with folliculitis, said it was an infection of the hair follicle that happens when you shave or wax. He gave me some cream and and so I used it. when the blisters began to turn to sores I started to get afraid went on Google and began to suspect I had herpes. I scheduled an appointment with a different doctor who gave me a blood test and determined I was hsv1 positive. She said I most likely contracted it from oral sex.

I took to you tube/internet and came across the food grade hydrogen peroxide remedy. I did it, finished the 30 days and never got an outbreak again. I assumed it worked and was extremely happy. Until, just last week (six years later) I noticed an outbreak. With the first outbreak I didnt have any other symptoms but this time I had a cold, sore muscles and fever. I've been in a relationship for 3years and it's perfect, however this entire time we've been having unprotected sex and I'm afraid he may have contracted it even though I havent had a breakout the entire time we've been together. Idk what to do, I know that disclosing this information is going to completely complicate our relationship I am scared to tell him. I know telling him is the right thing to do but I must admit I sometimes think of not telling him. I feel guilty about it. I know that would be selfish of me. What should I do? Help! How can 8 break it to him?

Hi BusyShotz

Sorry that you have to deal with this!

You have been with this guy for 3 years so I'm guessing are very close,
I think you have got to sit down with him & tell him, pretty much what you have written above.
Tell him that you thought you had beat it as you have had no problem for 6 years.

Learn all the facts, so if he asks questions, you have the answers.
I would think as you have been together as long as you have, he will come to terms with it,
he may take some time to take it all in, so show patience. 

I totally understand you sometimes thinking about not telling him but to totally have trust
in your relationship & peace of mind as you have said you know it is the right thing to do.

I hope it goes well for you, I wish you the very best of luck