• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Is an almost 2 month outbreak normal ?!

XoSasha

Hi everyone. I was diagnosed with gential HSV-1 in April. Of course completely distraught. I had my first OB + bacterial vag and was on my cycle. It was the worst. Became depressed .. some days I still just cry. But I am trying to be strong. I’ve read so many stories and honestly this forum has helped me so much. I truly appreciate everyone. 

So getting to my title lol .. I got a Brazilian wax 8/11 and had sex that night as well. Maybe on the 13th I had those first symptoms. Began to take my medication Valacyclovir 1000mg until the 26th. That same week my cycle began. On 8/31 I noticed I was still itching. I’ve noticed I am  itching even after the first 24-48 hrs but I read that means I’m healing. 

Anyways, I have been taking my medication since 8/31. It’s 9/19 and my OB is still healing. I’m not sure if my cycle triggered another OB since I was just healing from the initial one on 8/13. But this is incredibly frustrating. I came on here looking for other solutions and I saw Lysine is a good supplement. I purchased the Super Lysine + (quantum ) and started taking it on 9/17. My cycle is about to begin again and I am trying not to stress but I want this OB to go away ! Help, suggestions anything please ! 

@XoSasha Check your diet, exercise, sleeping patterns... literally everything that might be triggering your ob's. How much lysine are you taking. Some ppl up their intake to 3000 per day during obs. 

From your description I gather the problem is itching, so maybe a topical ointment would help. You could try coconut oil, oregano oil, peppermint oil or else some cold sore medicine, those are pretty helpful! 

Hope you get better soon.

On 9/19/2018 at 10:21 PM, 22&Depressed said:

I am a male with GHSV1 too, but I hear that for women your period is really triggering for it to OB. Maybe speak to your doctor about upping your dosage around your time of month! Sorry you're going through this 😞 

Yes it sucks. Like awesome something else to look forward to monthly lol.. have to try and laugh through it. But thank you, that’s a good idea. We’re going to get through this 

On 9/19/2018 at 10:30 PM, JulyP said:

@XoSasha Check your diet, exercise, sleeping patterns... literally everything that might be triggering your ob's. How much lysine are you taking. Some ppl up their intake to 3000 per day during obs. 

From your description I gather the problem is itching, so maybe a topical ointment would help. You could try coconut oil, oregano oil, peppermint oil or else some cold sore medicine, those are pretty helpful! 

Hope you get better soon.

Ive been changing my sleeping pattern. Have to work on adding the other two. But you’re so right, I’ve read so many articles stating anything can trigger it. 

I’m taking 3 a day 1500mg. I’m hoping there’s improvement after my cycle. 

Now for the oils.. my obs are usually on the inside of my labia, do you think I can still use the oils? Thank you for the reply !

@JulyP I noticed you mentioning some people taking up to 3 grams of Lysine per day. Is this in addition to taking 1 gram Valtrex per day. Do you take Lysine? I’m currently going through my first OB newly diagnosed. I’m trying not to slip into depression but rather grab life by the horns and keep riding. I’ve contracted this from my boyfriend of 1 year who told me the other day (after my positive result) that he gets cold sores. He didn’t know I could get it even if he doesn’t have a visible cold sore. Just want to find a treatment that works.

Ask your doctors to biopsy your lesions and insure it is herpes.  I went several years with doctors being dumb af and not doing a biopsy and I just learned this week that my biopsy came back negative for hsv. I’m going to do another biopsy and blood work next week because they think I have some sort of autoimmune disorder that’s causing a rash NOT HERPES. 

• Like 1

@beBravebeBOLD Wow really ?? That’s great and hopefully your next biopsy and blood work come back negative as well. Question, did you have all of the symptoms of an outbreak? What test did the other doctors perform when they advised you were positive? My blood work came back negative but she took a swap of the lesion and said to be positive. 

• 2 weeks later...

Periods trigger it & waxes but thats too long even if it was normal. I never took the antivirals because i see they’re not effective. I opted for the holistic route and since taking daily vitamins, i havent had any outbreaks in 3 months. I actually started them during an outbreak & 3 days later the OB was gone. I take L-Lysine, VitaminC, Vitamin D3, a centrum chewable multivite, Echinacea & Goldenseal extract when i feel any type of sickness trying to come (u can only take this 10 days at a time), & Liquid chlorophyll (only took during the OB and a few days after).