• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

HSV1 Risk

Three weeks ago I placed a single peck/no tongue/saliva on the neck of someone while inebriated and regretted the act as it was not my regular partner. Over the next couple days I had some tingling sensation around the mouth and dry lips. 4 days later the top of my lip had a reddish bump with a slight sensation due to the swelling, but it subsided with a couple days. The other person had no visible sores but there was sweat in the area. A few days later I took a Western Blot test to confirm I already didn't have it. But over the past few, weeks I've all kinds of tingling, dry lips/mouth type symptoms, at times wondering if it was yeast/bacterial. A couple days ago my regular partner started complaining about enlarged lymph nodes behind the ears / neck region. This caused my anxiety levels to elevate and I had another small whitehead that came and went within a few hours. The on/off symptoms have caused a lot of stress/anxiety. Hoping someone can elaborate on the risk/symptoms. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

sounds like a low risk but also sounds like what this forum is meant for. you might have been positive for a long time and not known it. kids get type 1 from their parents and other casual contact with family. it is quite common. don't freak out okay 💛 I am freaking out currently but my story is very different. I really don't want anyone to feel badly or close to how  I feel for no reason. Don't do that to yourself. Type 1 is very common on the mouth. It is openly talked about with no judgment in every conversation I have had with other people in the past. along the lines of "oh im sick so i got a cold sore", "oh sucks,  feel better". That's it. It sounds like that's what happen, you got sick, so you got a small cold sore maybe. I of course don't even know if it was, maybe it was a zip