• Need support? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum, a supportive and positive group of people to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have.

Sign in to follow this  
Concernednconfused

How to feel slightly normal now?

I have so many people accepting it and I’ve came to the conclusion that my life isn’t over but I just wanna feel slightly normal again... I feel gross it took me two hours looking up if it was safe to take a bath and once I got in the tub it took me 2 more hours to just touch the water... I’m trying so hard....

Dear one,

It is understandable that you are having a difficult time.  Read up on all the FACTS here, read the success stories, the failures, engage with this community.  YOU ARE NOT GROSS.  You are one of a huge population of this world who has a simple skin condition.  Your body is amazing, and already trying to figure out how to keep you and potential partners safe.  It's not the easiest road, but it's a road you can travel  with a group here ready to be at your side- and like you said, a group in your day to day life that has been understanding.  Bath at random and with vigor(well, gently if you are going through an outbreak, just because agitating the area can be uncomfortable), You, your body and your life are valuable, and the first and most important person to know that is YOU.  I promise that those of us who are worthy of being in your space will know that too.

Cheers

K

• Like 1