• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Psoriasis or herpes

I have been Hsv1 positive and have known because I’ve had cold sores before. I am sexually active and have given and received oral. I recently developed psoriasis and went to a dermatologist who diagnosed me. I have it on my elbows, scalp, and belly button. At the same time I developed red spots on my penis. They are non painful last for months at a time with application of cortison creams. They are scaling, dry, red, and skin peels around the area. I am going in for a follow up next week and going to bring it up to my dermatologist which is a little unnerving.

I am just thinking about it a lot lately and just wanted some clarification. Can hsv1 on the genitals be non painful non ulcers? I have used valtrex for my cold sores but they don’t seem to do anything as far as my redness on my penis. The only thing that has helped has been psoriasis creams. 

Anyways. Just be happy to hear some thoughts.  Thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Uncertainty,  this is an easy one: go get tested. 

Herpes can take a lot of different forms and people react differently to the virus. 

You can be certain what is going on if you get a test and they are easy to get and fast and not that expensive. 

Best of luck!