• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I transmitted to my boyfriend

Just feeling low, I found out about three months ago I have genital herpes. I’ve been in a committed relationship for a while. But when I got diagnosed my dr. Said I’ve probably had it for a long time. ANYWAYS, my bf just showed me that he has blisters on his penis. He’s going to a minute clinic tomorrow, but the guilt I feel right now is unreal. He knew I had it, he’s been there for me throughout my diagnoses, rubbing my legs for the nerve pain, reminding me about my meds, etc. he reassured me it was fine. And that it’d be okay, he knew the risks.

didnt know if anyone else out there has been in a spot like this, or had any advice for either of us. 

Hi @Ms. Congeniality! I'm sorry to hear that your bf may have also contracted genital herpes, I haven't been in the same situation but I think it's important that you just try to be as supportive of him as he was for you when you first found out. It's definitely not an easy thing to deal with, both physically and emotionally (as I'm sure you know), but what got me through my first outbreak was definitely the support of people close to me. You guys can be in this together and who knows, it may even bring you closer!

• Like 1

Hi Ms. Congeniality

I'm sorry your bf contracted H from you, but I'm going to give you the positives!

You had the decency to disclose to him & he cared for you enough to take the risk
Wow isn't that fantastic? that this guy saw you for yourself & not a virus, great guy.
I know its easier said than done but don't feel guilt, it will only bring you down,
support him & love him & the rest will just happen.

Its a horrible getting this but its not the worse thing in life by a long shot & you have got each other
& as brown-eyes has correctly said, it may even bring you closer.

Stay positive & good luck 🙂

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Ms. Congeniality said:

Just feeling low, I found out about three months ago I have genital herpes. I’ve been in a committed relationship for a while. But when I got diagnosed my dr. Said I’ve probably had it for a long time. ANYWAYS, my bf just showed me that he has blisters on his penis. He’s going to a minute clinic tomorrow, but the guilt I feel right now is unreal. He knew I had it, he’s been there for me throughout my diagnoses, rubbing my legs for the nerve pain, reminding me about my meds, etc. he reassured me it was fine. And that it’d be okay, he knew the risks.

didnt know if anyone else out there has been in a spot like this, or had any advice for either of us. 

I can understand you feeling bad. You're a human being and a wonderful one at that. Be there for him. Love him unconditionally and no matter how bad it hurts - keep being there for him. My partner knowingly gave it to me without disclosing and has not been there for me emotionally AT ALL. It has been the worst part of the process. You told him as soon as you knew and he took the risk. That's all you could have done to prevent possible transmission. Just be there for him. Tell him he is a wonderful human being. Tell him he is handsome, lovable, and amazing.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...