• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

HSV1 Genital diagnosis

Hey guys 21 female 😞 just got told I have genital hsv1 2 days ago from an urgent care. I meet with my primary this Tuesday so I can hopefully be on a every day medicine?. Been feeling down due to the fact that I feel like this outbreak will never go away. I don’t know anyone to my knowledge with it so I feel nothing but alone. I just have so many questions if you guys could help.... 

when can I have sex again? (Safely obviously) am I allowed to drink or will that dirty my urine and make it more painful to pee? How do I go on not thinking about? When can I shave again and should I try not to shave? Will my body get used to an every day antiviral and just not work if I do have an outbreak or do I have to double up on the dosage? Idk....I am at loss for questions now I have the opportunity. I just have no knowledge on the issue. Thanks if anyone responds. 

@Chaitea16

Hey hun, I’m so sorry you are dealing with this and at such a young age. I am 31 this year and I was also diagnosed with GHSV1 this month. From what I have been seeing on here is that, you should wait 5 or more days from when your outbreak (OB) clears to be sexually active again.

When it comes to alcohol, I’ve read a lot of people saying too much alcohol is a trigger for them to have an OB. I’ve been drinking a lot of soda lately and it does seem to disturb my comfort when urinating. I think the same may hold true with alcohol. 

I am on daily antivirals and it has really helped to clear things up. I also started taking 1g of Lysine per day. I believe it helps with minimizing viral shedding. 

I would wait till things clear up to shave. Some have mentioned shaving causing an outbreak for them, but I haven’t reached that yet. 

I just wanted to respond to you. I saw no one else has. I hate that you are so young. But what I can say is, I found out on Sept 10th, and because of this website I am learning to accept things the way they are and understand that my life will go on just the same & better. It’s what you make of it. You will soon find much support here on this forum.

Good luck with everything!

• Like 1