• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Sex is my trigger

Hi guys, so I’ve been HSV1+ for about 2 months now and after my first monster of an outbreak life has been totally fine except for after having sex. I’ve realized I get a cut in the same place every single time no matter how gentle we are. I don’t think they are outbreaks persay but I cannot be sure. I think because my first outbreak was like a massive tear/burn the skin never fully reformed/reformed very thin and thus after every time I have sex there is a very small burn like cut there which heals in about a day. It’s not the worst thing In the world to deal with it’s just so disheartening and bothersome. For anyone who experiences this are there any tips and tricks? 

Furthermore, the sex I had today was a bit tougher than I had planned and the burn is a little bit worse, I’ve also come down with a fever. I believe this may be my second OB but not sure why I’m having another fever? Has anyone experienced a fever with each outbreak? 

Any advice is highly appreciated thank you guys! 

Hi @Catlady12,

Arg, sorry it's been disheartening for you. Not owning a vagina myself, I can only be of the kind of help that I've heard from others. Being gentle and using a lot of lube to lessen the friction will help a lot. Of course, being gentle in this first part of your journey will be helpful to give your lady bits more time to heal. Another thing to keep in mind is that it does tend to be more tender during the first 6 months to a year as the body builds up more and more antibodies to hold its own against the virus. I know it's hard to give it time and that it feels like it's going to be like this forever, but things tend to get better and better with time (not just physically, but emotionally, too). Big hugs to you! 

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: