• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Advice for a New Member to the H Club

I have had a pretty terrible week. It all started with a text from a one night stand I had a few weeks ago saying that he had herpes. Sure enough few days after my doctors visit it’s confirmed that I have it too. I feel really alone and depressed. 

I am hoping to get some advice on how to deal with this diagnosis. I find myself very angry at myself, angry at him, and depressed about my future. How did you get out of this funk? What did you do to cope with this diagnosis? Will it be okay? Will I ever be able to forgive myself for making such a stupid decision?

I was just diagnosed last month and I feel the same way you do. This group has really helped me. I’m actually going to start herbal remedies and try and see if that works as I read it has for many people. I’m willing to try anything at this point to try and rid my body of this 

i was just diagnosed yesterday:( i’m am still trying to cope it’s definitely a hard pill to swallow i’ve been drinking water . i’m definitely changing a lot in my life can’t eat the way i used to . i’ve found a church group . i’ve just been trying to stay positive because stressing is definitely a trigger . i just got over my first outbreak which was terrible:( now i have itching i believe from the process of still healing. i’m honestly just taking it day by day at this point . hopefully this group can help me out a little bit . and you as well

@AJW1234 sounds like you and I are in the same boat. Although instead of drinking water and dealing with it in a healthy way I have gone back to smoking cigarettes and find myself shrinking away from everyone else. I commend you for finding a healthier way to cope. I need to try that.

• Like 1

yeah it’s definitely hard on me i’m only 23 but i have a strong faith in god that i’ll be okay . iknow the type of person i am and i won’t let this get to me. it’s hard and i’m still kinda scared simply because i’ve only had a primary outbreak so idk when or if i’ll have another one but i’m praying god keeps me covered and keeps everything under control keeping my body hydrated i’ve been eating yogurt taking my anti virals that they gave me even if i don’t need them i wanna keep them up and i’m gonna start on some vitamins as well. but keep in touch your definitely not alone in this battle love. 

• Like 1