• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Newly diagnosed:(

i’m a female 23 years old and i just found out i have HSV-2 i’ve never been the type to sleep around i’ve only had sex with 3 people my whole lifetime and this 3rd one recently when i had sex is when i found out . i’ve been kind of upset since i found out and i’m scared i just had my first outbreak and it was beyond painful to the point where i had to have a catheter put in to urinate i’ve never had a STD so this is really a lot on me at once my outbreak has healed but i still have some itching so i’m just curious if that could be from the healing process or am i about to have another one. HELP ! 

Usually the pattern of an OB is itchiness, bump forming, pain, then it burstsamd starts healing. 

Start taking vitamins. I was diagnosed in April. Had maybe 2-3 outbreaks with july being the last one and that’s when i started taking l-lysine, vitamin c, vitamin d3, echinacea & goldenseal extract (only during that outbreak & when i felt any sickness coming out), & liquid chlorophyll. I take it daily. It’s been 3 months and ive had no issues or signs of any but i am still shedding or contagious because a new partner said he got it 2 weeks after being w/ me. 

3 hours ago, _a_rayofsunshine_ said:

Usually the pattern of an OB is itchiness, bump forming, pain, then it burstsamd starts healing. 

Start taking vitamins. I was diagnosed in April. Had maybe 2-3 outbreaks with july being the last one and that’s when i started taking l-lysine, vitamin c, vitamin d3, echinacea & goldenseal extract (only during that outbreak & when i felt any sickness coming out), & liquid chlorophyll. I take it daily. It’s been 3 months and ive had no issues or signs of any but i am still shedding or contagious because a new partner said he got it 2 weeks after being w/ me. 

@_a_rayofsunshine_ are you in suporessives? Did you and your partner use protection ? How did you disclose ? Just curious as I think transmission is what everyone worries about most . Thx:)

I don’t and have never taken any prescribed medications. We didn’t use protection & i simply told my current partner because we actually had sex on an outbreak before finding out it was H. It took 2 months for him to have an OB after exposure. I also simply texted all of my partners within the last year & told them that hey, i just got diagnosed w/ H type 2 & you should get tested. All of them replied w/ okay thanks for letting me know. No one was angry w/ me. Even if they did become angry, i was prepared to handle it. The day i found it, they found out. 

However, that new partner we didn’t use protection but i only kissed him once & he said he got a cold sore but nothing on his genitals. Im still confused at that because i have genital H type 2.