• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Can we kiss and have sex?

So, I have had fever blisters for many years.  I always thought I could only transmit the virus when a sore was present. I hadn't had one in months and it never occurred to me to tell my partner. Oh, my ignorance. 

I gave him oral sex and about a week later developed a fever blister. A week after that he had a genital outbreak. 

If we have sex, could I start getting genital outbreaks (which I've never had?)

And if we kiss, could he begin getting oral outbreaks?  

This virus can still be spread even though it has no sore. Because he is contracted with genital HSV1, unprotected vaginal or anal sex can put you at risk of getting this virus. Kissing is , too. Things you need are to

- boost the immune system by lysine rich foods

- take lysine or bulletproof+ supplement

- abstain from sex if having some early signs of herpes outbreaks

- always perform protected sex

- Avoid stress or other triggers to reduce which can activate the virus 

- receive treatments: take Acyclovir, Valacyclovir medications, apply some topical creams like Prosurx or Abreva. You can ask your doctor for suppressive therapy in case you suffer more than 6 outbreaks a year

Hope these can be useful for you and your partner