• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Casual sex and disclosure

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/13/2018 at 10:16 AM, Jenn88 said:

I don’t think she can.  I think aids you can sue for bc your giving someone a life sentence sort to speak. But I dunno about hsv2 a lot of people

dont k ow they have it. You would have to prove the knowingly gave it to

you 

You can sue if someone knowingly gave you an incurable disease. I almost sued my ex for it but I didn't want it to become public knowledge that I have it. I was told I could definitely sue him though. 

she took the Igg test plus urine at the E.R. which was positive and then I took her to see an OBGYN. they only took one tube of blood.for some reason it got throwed away.so I had to take her back to the OBGYN and again they only took one tube of blood and I think they done the IGg test again and this time it came back negative after 3 months.i hope this helps.Sarah

• 2 weeks later...

I am very upset with doctors over this. From my experience, they are making it like it is NOT a big deal. After I got hsv1 from a guy I have been casually seeing for over 1 year, I realized a lot. His dr didn't think it was even necessary for him to get tested or even know if he had it after I had an OB and told him to go to dr......Seriously?? So he could possibly go spread it to more people later??? We both had the STI conversation before we had sex and we were tested and clean....so we thought, but that was a false statement. THEY DON'T TEST FOR HERPES IN ROUTINE STI tests. Who knew??? After you get herpes you certainly find this out. Then,  now I see doctors are telling people no need to disclose for casual sex?? Yes sure so 100% people can get it?? It would make it a lot easier if everyone had it, that is for sure. I am shaking my head about this whole thing and I am embarrassed to have to disclose. I kinda wish I didn't know I had it, this is such a burden to carry.

My infectious disease doctor told me this bc when he did my blood my results came back negative meaning the virus is dormant and not detectable in my system...

i told him how doctors say you don’t need to disclose and his response was when you care about someone you want them to k or EVeRYTHINg about you and he is right.

@sarahsfocus how is your sister 

she is doing ok.the guy that supposedly that gave her hsv2 wants her back.he's back to bugging her and showing up at her house. she was negative in her last blood test. she has to go Dec.11th to confirm if she is negative or positive for hsv2. her hpv has cleared and she doesn't have Genital warts anymore.i hope things are well for you. take care Sarah