• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Survey

a man has had at least 100 sexual partners, how likely is he to have hsv 2 ? Has not been tested and making a lot of excuses. Statistically speaking, I cannot fathom that he does have hsv 2. He has admittedly had a lot of usafe and indiscriminate sex. Just want to poll for your responses. Maybe I can move on knowing he has it without him actually getting tested. 

He maybe scared of the results or may already know and maybe he thinks because he has no symptoms he doesn’t have it or doesn’t need to get tested. Truth is I don’t know who or when I got H.... I’ve made peace with the fact that I will never know. It doesn’t matter at this point. Won’t change anything. I have to focus on me and my health. 

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, _a_rayofsunshine_ said:

It’s highly likely. According to CDC 80% of Americans have some form of herpes. If he’s that reckless with his life, don’t even get involved with him. As scary as the idea of getting a negative result is, it doesn’t help the person or their partners by not testing. That’s just foolish to me. 

I have been diagnosed and he is one of two possible people that could have infected me. I think it was likely him, based on sexual history. Mine was not a latent infection, it was a primary outbreak, and it took some time for the antibodies to show up. He and I are definitely done...not necessarily because of the herpes. But his excuses as to not getting tested. He said he is going Monday to get tested, I think he knows (based on his numbers) that he is positive and does not want it to be official. I asked him, to do it for me, because I want to know. He said he owed me at least that much. I just think that with 100 people, there just can be now way he is negative.