• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

My worst fear has come true and it’s... such a relief!

So, all of you who’ve been diagnosed have agonised at some point of having your whole network find out I’m sure, well this week has gone somewhere along those lines...

i started a new job two weeks ago, I both work and live with the same people all the time, it is a male dominated company and being one of the few females means that I’ve had a few men chase after me. 

I took a liking for one of them and went on to do the good ole’ disclosure. He first said he would think about the implications it would have, so I gave him time to think about it. He was quite distant the next day and I figured things had turned for the worst.

The next thing I know I hear echoes from another coworker, the word had gotten around in no time...

I suddenly felt a strong sense of empowerment and it’s like I’d been preparing for this moment for a long time. I was proud of myself for having done the right thing and disclosing to him regardless, but I knew I wasn’t going to let him humiliate me without some serious repercussions. I started out by confronting my colleague who denied having ever mentioned anything to anyone, you realize in moments like these that no matter how charasmatic someone can be, just what a weak mind they can truly possess, and that’s the gift that we all have, we have the ability to sass out people for what they really are and quick! 

So I went on to tell my manager, who also already knew. He had my back and now I’m in the process of filing a complaint to the big boss, he might potentially get fired for acting the way he did. 

What I’ Learned from all of this is to embrace the adversity and use other people’s weak minds to your advantage to make a statement; I probably never would have myself told everyone in the company so I’m glad he did the job for me so that I have nothing to hide now, and it feels really good standing up for myself after all these years of silently coping with it!

Don’t live in fear guys, use this to empower yourselves!

• Like 7