• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Help

Guys. I need advice and help. 

I went to the doctors because I had lesions on my vagina. The doctor said, yup it’s herpes. She did blood work, for exposure and past infections, and it came back negative.. both... she said no. You don’t have herpes... however, I still have lesions, and I had sex with a guy 12 days before I had an outbreak... I feel like I have all the symptoms of herpes, swollen glands, tingling butt... lesions on the inside of my vagina!! How accurate are these blood work test? 

Depending on when lesions first appeared, you may not have had enough time pass for antibodies to show up in a blood test.  If they did the IGM then you need to request the IGG.  If they did do the IGG you need to know that it misses 30% of type one infections and 8% of type two infections.  In your case, since you are having a visible outbreak, they would have needed to swab you down there and test and type it to know for sure.  Did they do a swab??  Or just blood?  IGM or IGG?