• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Conflicted

I was diagnosed a month ago today. I have been a mixed bag of emotions.... for the most part I have been feeling like myself.... maybe bc I am on daily meds and have not had another out break... sometimes I even forget I have H completely. Is this normal???? To forget? 

My doctor said with the daily suppressants my chances of transmission is 1%.... which makes me feel better also. I’m just worried and scared of forgetting and getting caught up in a distraction and forgetting to disclose. I do not wanna b that person. I believe in disclosing.

Hey Jenn88

Brilliant that you are feeling like yourself & great that you forget you have H , that's how it should be.
I've been like that mostly through my whole 8 years of having it, until more recently because of rejection,
but I'm back to chilled out again now 🙂

I must admit, I did seriously forget one time, had a few drinks, passion got the better of me & forgot to disclose
but disclosed the next time to her & had a few more sexual encounters before she finally decided to reject me.
So yes it is something to remember in the heat of passion.

Keep getting stronger 🙂

3 hours ago, Amando said:

Hey Jenn88

Brilliant that you are feeling like yourself & great that you forget you have H , that's how it should be.
I've been like that mostly through my whole 8 years of having it, until more recently because of rejection,
but I'm back to chilled out again now 🙂

I must admit, I did seriously forget one time, had a few drinks, passion got the better of me & forgot to disclose
but disclosed the next time to her & had a few more sexual encounters before she finally decided to reject me.
So yes it is something to remember in the heat of passion.

Keep getting stronger 🙂

That’s what I’m afraid of. The guy I’ve spoken about on here before. I think we may have a shot at getting back together. But b fore we do.... I will have to tell him and I’m scared. I’m scared now he will b more mad that I didn’t tell him sooner that I kept this from him