• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Today I disclosed for the first time

I disclosed to a man today. He wasn't an important man, we had gone out a one date and when I found out I had H i cut him off. "ghosted him" as the term is. I know it wasn't the right thing to do, I texted him last week about apologizing for that and simply stated that "I was going through something".

He follows up a week later and asks what's wrong. So....I told him. It was okay, I was not very invested as I didn't know him well but I did it. I disclosed and the world didn't end. I can do it again, I will be more nervous when it is someone I have developed feelings for but just the same thing again.

I think I might be able to do this. I'm not ready to date and am 100% NOT looking to right now but the point is when I am ready it's just not as big of deal as I thought to disclose. 

I wish my infector had disclosed to me, I will never ever do that to anyone. It's not so much just a skin disease but first exposure makes you very sick, which I am still going through.   

• Like 2

That's great, always good to get your first disclosure out the way.

8 hours ago, MarieH said:

I think I might be able to do this. I'm not ready to date and am 100% NOT looking to right now but the point is when I am ready it's just not as big of deal as I thought to disclose.    

Damn right you can do it 🙂

You are right, it is harder when you care about the person because if rejected it hurts a lot more,
I prefer that way to early disclosure though but each to their own!

When you are ready to date, you will be 100% OK

Good luck moving forward

his reaction lol....he said "well that's not good" and that's all. So my first official rejection over with as well BUT as stated. He doesn't mean anything to me, I mostly told him because he was really into me and I didn't want him to think he was Idk.....being blown off and then be nervous to show interest in someone for fear of it happening again. So I mostly did it trying to be nice, also it was a good practice run for when I like someone. If it's the first disclosure and first rejection of someone I care about: man that would have stung a little.