• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

My story thus far, any opinions?

As I currently wait for lab results from a swab I have so many questions. But one stands out the most. Did my current boyfriend give me hsv2, or have I had it? In the past I’ve obviously never had anything like this before. I know they say you cannot tell for sure who gave it to you. And they also say the first outbreak is within 2-20 days. So here’s my story. And for some inner peace, I just need someone else’s opinion. I understand there’s no direct yes or no. In August I began dating Michael. We had sex for the first time Sept 1st. We live in two different states. I stayed with him for three days that time. Then returned home, with no issues. Friday, Sept 28th I went to stay with him again. We had sex. The next day, the 29th, we had anal sex. That was my first having anal sex. On Sunday Sept 30th I returned home. 5 days later on Friday I had some anal discomfort. Almost rash like. It wasn’t too bad, I was able to work still. Thought maybe the pads or toilet paper was irritating me. By Saturday night it was clear it was a little more than that. I thought maybe it was a hemorrhoid. Got tucks pads and cream. It wasn’t necessarily itchy, more of a burn. Each day it gradually got worse. By Tuesday I was miserable. Barely walking. Felt like I was on fire. Not in the vaginal area. Anal area only. I laid in bed for 3 days. Finally Friday October 12th I went to the ER. Instantly the doctor felt like the bumps/ blisters/ lesions in the anal area were hsv 2. I was prescribed Valacyclovir. Still have 3 more days of the 7 day pill. Still pretty uncomfortable. I would say the lesions have slightly improved. When I went to the er I contacted Michael. I asked him about hsv 2 and any other std’s/ infections. He is in the army. I know they test them regularly. He told me he has never had any stds or hsv 2. Obviously I smart enough to know that he could be lying, unaware, or telling the truth. He told me he did have a staph infection 4 months ago. And was treated for it. I’m not going to engage in the conversation again until I get my swab results back. Which should be any day now. I have told him he needs to be tested again for everything. I feel like I am 99% sure, that if I have hsv 2, it is from him. I have a very weak immune system. Iron is always low from menstrual issues etc. There definitely has not been a time I have ever felt discomfort like this. This is all happening 30 days after sleeping with him for the first time. 6 days after having anal for my first time I was uncomfortable. But the 5 days prior I was fine. 10 days after anal for the first time I was in unbearable pain. 13 days later I was in the hospital with anal lesions and blisters. Am I pretty accurate to assume I received anal hsv 2 from him? I know at the end of the day there is no 100% sure answer. I know this could have been something in my body from the past. I am 31 years old. But the fact that I had anal hsv2 lesions within 6-13 days after my first time having anal, just really tells me it was from Michael. Could anal have just caused a flare up I had never had before? If it was already in my body? There’s the “we can’t say for sure.” And I just need someone to be like honestly... it seems like you got it from Michael. Or... honestly it could all be a coincidence. I’ll calmly have the convo with him again soon. I’m not even mad at him, as devastating as this has been. I have no desire to yell at him. I just want to move forward and take care of myself. And someone else’s opinion would help me feel more confident in my future convo with him. Thank you.

Hi Carrie.A.R.

Sorry to hear that you have been affected.

I would say it sounds very much like Michael did pass this on to you!
Also HSV is not normally tested unless specifically asked for & I would guess the army
may not bother because 80% of us have it in our system & they may not have any soldiers available if they did.

I think you do need to do more talking with Michael.

I wish you the best of luck in going forward 😉

• Thanks 1