• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

help understanding igg values?

My question is this...

If anything under .90 is considered negative, then why does it show at all? Like, my results a few months ago, prior to possible exposure, was .2 so why wouldn't it be plain 0 if it was negative? Does this mean i've been exposed at some point to a little of the virus, or what? 

I'm waiting for my results as we speak, and very stressed. I know the lab work came back, and it's still way too early anyways, 4 weeks post exposure, but am curious if my number will go up at all after 4 weeks. My doctor doesn't come in until 12, so it's a waiting game now. If they've moved up at all, I know I will be very stressed the next month, waiting for the next time to test. 

But again, my question was the top one... why is there any reading at all, if it's considered negative?