• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Lesion will not heal

Hello, all. I’m new to the forum. I have been having issues since January and around August I ordered an at home blood test which was positive for HSV2. I always thought I would recognize the symptoms immediately if I ever got it but unfortunately I didn’t and thought other things were going on like yeast infections and UTIs. I tested for STDs before sleeping with my now fiancé and I was completely negative except that, of course, I wasn’t tested for HSV. I ended up giving it to my new partner and he is the one who had classic symptoms and told me he thought we had it. Lucky for me he has been kind and understanding but I am devastated and pissed off at myself for being with someone before, my last casual fling ever before meeting the love of my life, who did not disclose that information to me.

Back to the topic at hand, around April or so I noticed sex would make me sore on the inside after several sessions in a day. We went on a week vacation in July and it was nearly unbearable and I was in tears. My fiancé couldn’t see anything inside me so eventually I took a magnifying mirror and a bright light and found a dime sized ulcer with a white center and red edges near the entrance to my vagina inside a fold on the right side where it couldn’t be seen without prying the fold apart and even then it’s difficult. I’ve tried abstaining from sex for a week and a half or so and started a high dose round of acyclovir followed by a maintenance dose. I’ve tried zinc oxide ointment twice a day and even expensive Manuka honey twice a day. It seems to clear up almost all the way and then as soon as I have sex again I am back at square one.

im really upset. I’m getting married in a few months and I haven’t enjoyed sex since about April. I’m going to try abstaining from sex for at least two and a half or three weeks if I can. What else can I do? I do go see my gynecologist who blew it off as nearly healed and suggested A&D ointment. I don’t even think she really saw it. Sex feels like a cheese grater inside! Help!:(

Oh man I'm so sorry to hear this! The only thing that comes to mind is to try this: https://medicinemamasapothecary.com/products/v-magic

I have this cut on my V (not H related) that pops up from time to time and every single OBGYN has dismissed it and at most suggested an antibiotic cream but nothing ever works -  this is the ONLY thing that heals it literally OVERNIGHT it's MINDBLOWING.  You could try it on the ulcer and then put some to protect that part before having sex.  and maybe wait til it clears up ALL the way, cover the part where it would be with this magic cream and then give it a go! Let me know how things go! Oh does it only put you back at square one when you're having several sessions a day? or is just one session enough to bring it back to sq one?  cos if the former then you can try cutting the number of sessions down you horny minx you 😉 

• Like 1

Yeah, acyclovir wouldn't work if you had the outbreak for more than a few days. Overall (and for the future) I think Valtrex works better than acyclovir, ateast it does for me. Maybe go on suppressive therapy? Any stress, including happy wedding stress can trigger an outbreak.

If you want au naturale, I use tea tree oil down there and it keeps the outbreaks at bay. I bet it'd help your ulcer heal quicker.

5 hours ago, Jasmine10 said:

Oh man I'm so sorry to hear this! The only thing that comes to mind is to try this: https://medicinemamasapothecary.com/products/v-magic

I have this cut on my V (not H related) that pops up from time to time and every single OBGYN has dismissed it and at most suggested an antibiotic cream but nothing ever works -  this is the ONLY thing that heals it literally OVERNIGHT it's MINDBLOWING.  You could try it on the ulcer and then put some to protect that part before having sex.  and maybe wait til it clears up ALL the way, cover the part where it would be with this magic cream and then give it a go! Let me know how things go! Oh does it only put you back at square one when you're having several sessions a day? or is just one session enough to bring it back to sq one?  cos if the former then you can try cutting the number of sessions down you horny minx you 😉 

Thanks I just ordered some!!

• Like 1