• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

It’s back again already

I was exposed in August. Symptoms started just days after having sex with a guy who didn’t tell me that he had it. I had UTI like symptoms, fever, chills, then the blister. That one healed and then 4 more popped up close by. I went to the dr and labs said I have herpes 1 in my blood and 2 from a culture. It took 2 weeks for it to go away. I got meds and didn’t need to take them because the outbreak was cleared. It’s been a month. I have stress from other aspects of my life that are making me feel a little overwhelmed. Today, it felt sore in the area that I had the recent outbreak in. I looked and sure enough, I can see little blisters starting to come up from under my skin. I took my first 400mg of Acyclovir tonight. I guess I don’t know what to expect. What I would do to take this away from me and all of us. My life seemed to of went back to feeling almost normal this week. I was in a good head space with all of this and starting to feel sort of like myself again. I wonder if I take this drug everyday if it would keep me from outbreaks. Is this really my life now? 

1 hour ago, Findingmyself said:

I was exposed in August. Symptoms started just days after having sex with a guy who didn’t tell me that he had it. I had UTI like symptoms, fever, chills, then the blister. That one healed and then 4 more popped up close by. I went to the dr and labs said I have herpes 1 in my blood and 2 from a culture. It took 2 weeks for it to go away. I got meds and didn’t need to take them because the outbreak was cleared. It’s been a month. I have stress from other aspects of my life that are making me feel a little overwhelmed. Today, it felt sore in the area that I had the recent outbreak in. I looked and sure enough, I can see little blisters starting to come up from under my skin. I took my first 400mg of Acyclovir tonight. I guess I don’t know what to expect. What I would do to take this away from me and all of us. My life seemed to of went back to feeling almost normal this week. I was in a good head space with all of this and starting to feel sort of like myself again. I wonder if I take this drug everyday if it would keep me from outbreaks. Is this really my life now? 

I am antivirals and supplements and it’s helping but sometimes I wonder if I could be having them..because I get irration and get scared I’m gna get another outbreak but i don’t get sores. Idk, I think it takes awhile for our bodies to get used to the virus. I know it sucks and I’m scared to go off the medication because I don’t want get outbreaks. But I worry about the long term effects of the medication. I have Ghsv1 btw.

21 minutes ago, Findingmyself said:

How long have you had it? I wonder if after awhile I won’t get blisters. Since this is all new to me, I wonder if I will ever meet someone again. 

I understand I cry a lot because I don’t know if someone will ever want me either because of it. I had a hard time dating before let alone now this.. the thought seems impossible. I’m scared to have to tell someone that I’m interested in when that day comes. 

• Like 1

I think I was lucky in the respect that I had no idea that I have H2 until recently, but I've had it for at least 10 years. I have never been on any type of suppressant, and now that I know I have it, looking back, I can only think of a small handful of what were likely outbreaks, and they were minor at that. I haven't had any outbreak in at least 3 or 4 years, quite possibly longer, so I have no intention to take suppressant meds. I don't know if they will mess with the good thing I've got going right now of having no outbreaks, and I'd rather let that sleeping dog lie.

From everything I've read so far (was just diagnosed 2 1/2 weeks ago), outbreaks and shedding decrease as time goes on. I also think that maybe part of the reason I never really had bad outbreaks is because I didn't know I had it, and therefore didn't stress about it. 

I have since purchased Oregano oil, and will be getting some Melissa (Lemon Balm) oil to use just in case I do get any outbreaks in the future, but unless I find my dream man (and he doesn't have H and wants me on suppressants to further protect him), I do not intend to ever go on them.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, 100918 said:

I think I was lucky in the respect that I had no idea that I have H2 until recently, but I've had it for at least 10 years. I have never been on any type of suppressant, and now that I know I have it, looking back, I can only think of a small handful of what were likely outbreaks, and they were minor at that. I haven't had any outbreak in at least 3 or 4 years, quite possibly longer, so I have no intention to take suppressant meds. I don't know if they will mess with the good thing I've got going right now of having no outbreaks, and I'd rather let that sleeping dog lie.

From everything I've read so far (was just diagnosed 2 1/2 weeks ago), outbreaks and shedding decrease as time goes on. I also think that maybe part of the reason I never really had bad outbreaks is because I didn't know I had it, and therefore didn't stress about it. 

I have since purchased Oregano oil, and will be getting some Melissa (Lemon Balm) oil to use just in case I do get any outbreaks in the future, but unless I find my dream man (and he doesn't have H and wants me on suppressants to further protect him), I do not intend to ever go on them.

I heard the oregano pills help as well. Do u just get the oil and apply it to the sores or every day? I’m just curious how u use it.

I want to definitely get into using supplements to make this stay away. I had my hesitations about even taking the meds the doctor gave me. I can’t believe the relief it gave me quick. I’m all about it now because it does really help. I think the hardest part of having this is accepting it and being able to find a way to move on. I want to date again soon. Having the outbreaks makes it a constant reminder that it’s a reality and it’s now part of who I am. Mentally I can get past the roadblock, I’m just grateful that I have an option to help me make it not as painful. Oh what I would give to make this go away for all of us. 

37 minutes ago, Michgirl73 said:

I heard the oregano pills help as well. Do u just get the oil and apply it to the sores or every day? I’m just curious how u use it.

I've never used it yet because I don't know that I've ever had an outbreak (thinking that maybe what I thought were ingrown hairs years ago may have been an OB? No idea). But, if I ever DO get an outbreak, I'm going to put some oregano oil with olive oil and take that orally, and then put Melissa oil directly on the sores every day, probably multiple times per day.

Fingers crossed that the oils will just sit there...although I have heard that oregano oil is great for just about ALL infections, so I'll probably still use that if I start to get a cold or anything.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, 100918 said:

I've never used it yet because I don't know that I've ever had an outbreak (thinking that maybe what I thought were ingrown hairs years ago may have been an OB? No idea). But, if I ever DO get an outbreak, I'm going to put some oregano oil with olive oil and take that orally, and then put Melissa oil directly on the sores every day, probably multiple times per day.

Fingers crossed that the oils will just sit there...although I have heard that oregano oil is great for just about ALL infections, so I'll probably still use that if I start to get a cold or anything.

I heard the same thing. I was going to purchase the pills as a daily supplement.