• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Help please

Someone please give me some advice!! I contracted genital herpes from my husband who has had it for years. I have had one outbreak on my buttocks on August 6th. I had one negative blood test and one that was positive (test done on September 27) due to a high amount of antibodies. I am seriously ocd and quite a germ freak. I’m washing my hands raw and they are always dry and maybe have tiny cuts due to lots of washing and sanitizing.  However in August I did accidentally touch my sores in the shower and immediately scrubbed my hands like a surgeon. I also used to just hand wash my body in the shower because dirty washcloths also freaked me out.

Today when I was inspecting my hands with a flashlight I found a tiny bump or blister or callus on the inside of my ring finger on one hand and the inside of pinky on another hand. They don’t itch, they don’t burn. I did try to squeeze them and nothing came out or popped which made my finger sore but they aren’t particularly painful to the touch. I wouldn’t have even noticed them i don’t think if I wasn’t super inspecting my hand. 

I have a toddler in diapers and mynworlds biggest fear is that I will pass this to her. 

What do you guys think? Think these are herpes blisters or that I’m just losing it? 

I know i have antibodies so I’m thinking it’s probably unlikely that I autoinocculated one of each of my fingers especially since my obsession for hand washing but I wanted some opinions and encouragement...

thanks in advance

Hi JoyinChrist

I used to get little pimples on the bottom inside of my right hand pointing finger before I had an OB in the usual genital place.
The feeling would remind me of being stung by stinging nettles but then it would normally grow into a blister & break.

I am 8 years in & don't seem to get it now.

All the best!