• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

How often are your outbreaks

I’ve recently been diagnosed with herpes, haven’t gotten the results back but my dr, and now me, are pretty positive that’s what it is. My boyfriend of 2 years gets cold sores so I’m fairly positive that means that I have ghvs1, I’m not sure if the swab tests will let me know if that’s correct or not or just if I have herpes in general.

my question is, how often do you seem to get outbreaks and how do they compare to your initial OB. I know everyone is different and what’s true for you may not be true for me, but I just want to prepare myself as much as I can, this initial OB for me has been pretty unbearable and I’m just scared about having to deal with this the rest of my life, I’ve cried every day since finding out.

As far as I know I don’t know anyone in my real life that has herpes and I really don’t have anyone to talk to. My boyfriend is being supportive of me but sometimes I feel his attitude about it is a little too nonchalant and he keeps telling me it’s somethinf I’ll never really have to deal with after this OB, but I know that’s not the case and even though I know he’s trying, I can’t gelp but feel worse sometimes after we talk. I’m too afraid to tell my parents or any other friends or family because I don’t want anyone to think differently of me.

Nobody will think of you differently, if you’re confusing in people that love and care about you. And I’ll also add, that you would be surprised, as to who you know that may have it too! Take comfort in talking with the people close in your life, it truly helps to have the support. 

You first initial OB will make you feel like crap. I cried and cried.  I felt like my life was over.  Honestly, I still kinda do. You have to think about it this way.... 8/10 people have hsv1 wether it be a cold sore or in the genital area. Reguardless of where it’s at, it’s the SAME virus. 

As as far as OB, everyone is different. I was told by my doctor that ghsv1 doesn’t like to go below the belt line so the chances of reoccurring OBs are rare.  In my case, that’s false.  I’m currently going through my 2nd OB right now. Given, I was just sick, stressed and I’m on my cycle, they all factor into having OBs.  Your diet also factors into it. You could have one, and never have another one or you can have reoccurring ones.  I’ve done research alllll day long today bc having a second OB  effects you mentally just like the first. I feel very unloved of myself. I feel terrible but over time, it’ll get better. As for telling friends and family, I have yet to do so as well because nobody understands that ghsv1 is the SAME thing as a cold sore on your lip.  The SAME virus.  Nobody gets that until they do research.  

Keep your head up girl. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MissGuided said:

Nobody will think of you differently, if you’re confusing in people that love and care about you. And I’ll also add, that you would be surprised, as to who you know that may have it too! Take comfort in talking with the people close in your life, it truly helps to have the support. 

*confiding, not confusing. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/29/2018 at 6:55 PM, oopsadaisy` said:

I’ve recently been diagnosed with herpes, haven’t gotten the results back but my dr, and now me, are pretty positive that’s what it is. My boyfriend of 2 years gets cold sores so I’m fairly positive that means that I have ghvs1, I’m not sure if the swab tests will let me know if that’s correct or not or just if I have herpes in general.

my question is, how often do you seem to get outbreaks and how do they compare to your initial OB. I know everyone is different and what’s true for you may not be true for me, but I just want to prepare myself as much as I can, this initial OB for me has been pretty unbearable and I’m just scared about having to deal with this the rest of my life, I’ve cried every day since finding out.

As far as I know I don’t know anyone in my real life that has herpes and I really don’t have anyone to talk to. My boyfriend is being supportive of me but sometimes I feel his attitude about it is a little too nonchalant and he keeps telling me it’s somethinf I’ll never really have to deal with after this OB, but I know that’s not the case and even though I know he’s trying, I can’t gelp but feel worse sometimes after we talk. I’m too afraid to tell my parents or any other friends or family because I don’t want anyone to think differently of me.

Hey, I know I am late to this post but I wanted to shed some light. My cheating ex who is the father of my child knowingly passed this virus on to me. I have done A TON of research and that will only drive you crazy because everyone is so different. I know people that have HSV2 that only ever had one outbreak (I know 2 of these people, one has gone 2 years without one now, the other 10 years). I know someone that has HSV2 that had TERRIBLE outbreaks the first year and now hasn't had them in years. I have HSV2 I had one mild outbreak and now I haven't had another and it's been four months so far. I have done a lot for treatment and my health. I don't take antivirals though. I even know people that got diagnosed and then seroconverted (meaning they tested again and it no longer shows in their labs). Everyone is COMPLETELY different. The body is a beautiful thing and if you take care of your body, take immune boosting supplements, eat whole foods, and don't drink a lot of alcohol, you'll be okay.

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...