• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Ghsv1 antivirals daily?? Do you take them??

Hey everyone I’m trying to see if it’s common to be put on antivirals daily when u Ghsv1? The reason I ask is because it’s supposed to be less chronic and shouldn’t be placed on them?? I’m curious of the ppl that have Ghsv1 that stay on antivirals. I know everyone can be different just wondering. I’m having some issues with the antiviral now with dehydrated and headaches and sore throat.. so I stopped taking them to see if the supplements approach will give me what I need. I have always been pretty healthy person with working out and trying to eat right. I just hate taking this medicine.. wonder if someone else is experiencing what I am. Thank u for your time. Any help would be appreciated. 

What are you looking for by taking them? If you have a negative partner, then it might be good idea because it drastically reduces transmission, but that's something you need to figure out. If it's to reduce outbreaks, then try going without for a while and see if you prefer the results to how the meds make you feel. If you have genital HSV-1, then your outbreak will likely be drastically reduced after your first year. 

• Thanks 1
On 11/4/2018 at 5:05 PM, Ishmael said:

What are you looking for by taking them? If you have a negative partner, then it might be good idea because it drastically reduces transmission, but that's something you need to figure out. If it's to reduce outbreaks, then try going without for a while and see if you prefer the results to how the meds make you feel. If you have genital HSV-1, then your outbreak will likely be drastically reduced after your first year. 

I getting headaches and hair loss.. I feel crappy in them. I’m scared of getting an outbreak. I’m not having sex and no longer have a partner and don’t plan on having one. I just want feel normal and healthy again. 😢

53 minutes ago, Michgirl73 said:

I getting headaches and hair loss.. I feel crappy in them. I’m scared of getting an outbreak. I’m not having sex and no longer have a partner and don’t plan on having one. I just want feel normal and healthy again. 😢

In that case, I'd skimp antivirals for the moment and tough out the outbreaks. Every outbreak you have is a chance for your immune system to get a better handle on this. In a few years, it'll probably be like nothing. Alopecia is bitch though. To be honest, you might not feel healthy for a while, but know that after doing some time in the HSV dungeon you're going to rise like a phoenix.  HSV-1 has a rough onset but is preferable in terms of the amount of outbreaks, transmission and all that in the long run. Soon you won't even get outbreaks regularly and you'll be able to tell your partners that you just have a virus that most people have, and all the angst and despair you might be feeling now will be like a bad dream that you can barely remember or make sense of. 

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

In that case, I'd skimp antivirals for the moment and tough out the outbreaks. Every outbreak you have is a chance for your immune system to get a better handle on this. In a few years, it'll probably be like nothing. Alopecia is bitch though. To be honest, you might not feel healthy for a while, but know that after doing some time in the HSV dungeon you're going to rise like a phoenix.  HSV-1 has a rough onset but is preferable in terms of the amount of outbreaks, transmission and all that in the long run. Soon you won't even get outbreaks regularly and you'll be able to tell your partners that you just have a virus that most people have, and all the angst and despair you might be feeling now will be like a bad dream that you can barely remember or make sense of. 

When u say tough out the outbreaks? U mean don’t take antivirals at all? Or can u take them while your outbreaks and then stop?I think I’m gna come off the antivirals i can’t deal with getting alopecia.  I’m trying to use some other homeopathic approaches. Thank u very much for responses. 

1 minute ago, Michgirl73 said:

When u say tough out the outbreaks? U mean don’t take antivirals at all? Or can u take them while your outbreaks and then stop?I think I’m gna come off the antivirals i can’t deal with getting alopecia.  I’m trying to use some other homeopathic approaches. Thank u very much for responses. 

In all honesty, I don't buy into homeopathy at all and I think the science is very clear on this. Personally, if I didn't have a partner and it was making my hair fall out, I'd skip antivirals. There are some dietary and lifestyle changes that I think can help you out and then, like I said, HSV-1 kind of peters out. Not always, but for most people with normal immune systems, it's a non-event compared to HSV-2. 

• Like 1