Jump to content
  • Need support? Join the H Opp community for free!

    -

MissGuided

How did you find out you had HSV?

Recommended Posts

Just curious, how were you diagnosed? 

Hsv1 or hsv2?

Did you get a sore/sores, or other symptoms, or was it by luck that you got a blood test? 

Were you diagnosed by blood test or swab?

Did you find out you were exposed and go get tested, or just randomly get tested to know? 

Just curious! 

Share this post


Link to post

I found out I got Ghsv1 because I wasn’t feeling right after having sex with my ex.. I thought I had a UTI at first.. I got symptoms of that.. went to the doctor and I told her I got back with my ex an she said she was doing std check which I was fine with since I recently got back with him. 2 days later my PcR test came detected for hsv1 .. I still didn’t know it was gential.. then doctor called me a few days later told me that it was I then got my medication and my life changing journey started. I got sores within days.. I had my primary outbreak for over 3 and half weeks. I’m now in over 3 months and still struggling every day. They say it gets easier.. idk, I’m in therapy and I’m struggling with depression this has turned my life upside down.. somedays I wish I wasn’t here to have to deal with the daily struggle of this horrible virus. I just keep hoping it will get better. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Michgirl73 said:

I found out I got Ghsv1 because I wasn’t feeling right after having sex with my ex.. I thought I had a UTI at first.. I got symptoms of that.. went to the doctor and I told her I got back with my ex an she said she was doing std check which I was fine with since I recently got back with him. 2 days later my PcR test came detected for hsv1 .. I still didn’t know it was gential.. then doctor called me a few days later told me that it was I then got my medication and my life changing journey started. I got sores within days.. I had my primary outbreak for over 3 and half weeks. I’m now in over 3 months and still struggling every day. They say it gets easier.. idk, I’m in therapy and I’m struggling with depression this has turned my life upside down.. somedays I wish I wasn’t here to have to deal with the daily struggle of this horrible virus. I just keep hoping it will get better. 

I do hear it does get better, hang in there! You said your pcr came back positive, what did they swab? A sore? And also, you said you weren’t feeling well after sex, uti symptoms? Or other symptoms? 

Share this post


Link to post

I started dating someone for the first time in the 9 years since leaving my ex-husband. Things started to turn toward getting intimate, and I insisted that we both get tested. I went to my midwife and asked for a full STI panel. She did the HSV testing and it came back positive.

I was beyond shocked because in the past 10+ years, I had never had any symptoms that I would recognize. I had also been STI tested at least 5 times in the past 10 years (for other reasons), and never was told I had HSV2. It was apparently never part of the panel before.

The guy initially rejected me, but we're still talking. Not sure what, if anything, will ever come of it, but he doesn't seem so scared of it now. I'm good either way.

Share this post


Link to post

Had a painful uti and yeast infection at the same time. Went to urgent cares cuz it was the weekend and they lied on the spot said I had trich, chlymdia, bacterial infection and uti all at the same time that’s why I was in pain. I knew they were wrong. Had no sores until 3 days later, went back in said I had too rough of sex and I tore my walls and my urine was irritating them. Tested them anyway. Came back GHSV1. Outbreak lasted around 3 1/2 weeks. I have a scar that seems very sensitive idk if it’ll go away or it’s still an outbreak. I think it’s a scar cuz it’s right where the regular skin is about to turn pink near my genitals. I’m on suppressive therapy and get lots of sleep and take 1000mg lysine a day. I’ve only shaved once. Diagnosed sept 25. Partner I was with got blood tested got positive but never had a genital outbreak or a cold sore before. He got his first cold sore like 2 weeks ago and since I have it gentially his doctors let him get on suppressive therapy too. He’s supportive and cool about it but lives far away so I’m currently dating but have not disclosed to anyone before besides him. I’m doing well<3 I hope you all are too!

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, MissGuided said:

I do hear it does get better, hang in there! You said your pcr came back positive, what did they swab? A sore? And also, you said you weren’t feeling well after sex, uti symptoms? Or other symptoms? 

 

5 hours ago, MissGuided said:

I do hear it does get better, hang in there! You said your pcr came back positive, what did they swab? A sore? And also, you said you weren’t feeling well after sex, uti symptoms? Or other symptoms? 

I guess there was a sore inside me.. and PcR came back as hsv1 detected is what my lab results said. Hsv2 not detected. This was a swab test. After sex I had blood.. I now realized it was my ex where he torn of the scab from having sex on how I got infected. I felt like I had pressure inside me like UTI.. then went to doctor, when she did the test .. less then a week later I had sores and it took 3.5 weeks to heal. My other symptoms were flu symptoms they came out before the sores.. then the sores. I hate this so much it helps to talk about it much I hate myself for believing in someone that could do this to me and then threw me away like trash. I already had a hard time with dating and now this.. I’m doomed to be alone forever.

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, MissGuided said:

Just curious, how were you diagnosed? 

Hsv1 or hsv2?

Did you get a sore/sores, or other symptoms, or was it by luck that you got a blood test? 

Were you diagnosed by blood test or swab?

Did you find out you were exposed and go get tested, or just randomly get tested to know? 

Just curious! 

Type 2, genital. Got a Brazilian wax, had sex before the 24hr wait period, got cuts. Painful sex. 4 days after wax, got tested swabbed & blood drawn. Found out maybe a week after testing. 

Share this post


Link to post

I've had fever blisters since I was 18. Ignorantly gave my boyfriend genital herpes by oral sex when no sore was present, but developed one a week later. 

Got tested. Positive for 1 and 2. But I've never had a genital outbreak. 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...