• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I didn’t know I had the start of a cold sore

Hello, I just need some advice

I recently gave my boyfriend oral sex whilst with the start of a cold sore, unknowingly it was one.

This is my first cold sore, I usually get eczema on my face and thought that it was just that until it didn’t go away when I used my cream.

What is the likelyhood I have spread this to his genitals? When I did it, there was no blistering of what I can remember just a red mark. But over this period I was kissing him more than anything, is it more likely that it would spread to his mouth as a cold sore? 

Im extremely worried. He has never had a cold sore before but his mum gets them all the time. I’m hoping he has already been exposed. 

Thank you

• 1 month later...

@Mka59

I have contracted GHSV1 from my BF who told me after the fact of oral sex that he gets cold sores. I found out in September, by that time we had been dating for 1 year. The other day I noticed something on his lip and I asked him about a cold sore, he said that he got his lip burst playing b-ball and that it wasn’t a cold sore. I wasn’t sure so I was staying back but then he came kissing me on the lips and trying to kiss very deeply. The next day when he came over he said he got a cold sore, not the area that I noticed which was at the top lip but it was at the bottom corner. My question, do you feel tingling or have any signs that you’re about to get a cold sore before it shows up? He has already given me GHSV1 already, what is the likely hood of me get OHSV1 from him too?