• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I Disclosed for the First Time

Hey, everyone! I haven't been on here for a little while because I am trying not to think about my diagnosis too much. However, I wanted to shine a little light on your day. I am seeing someone for the first time since being diagnosed. I have been going on dates with him for about a month or so. I really like him and can see myself being with him. I finally decided to tell him about my diagnosis. I want to mention (2) things that I think are really important. (1) Before I told him I wanted him to get to know ME. I didn't want to disclose right off the bat because all they know about you is that you have a virus.. that's not a good start. (2) I wanted to get to know HIM. I wanted to know if I would be interested enough to become sexual with him in the future so I could see if it was worth sharing my personal information. I also wanted to know if he is someone I could trust with that information.

I could not take it anymore so I decided to go ahead and disclose to him. I was honest, told him how I got it, told him some facts about HSV (85% of people our age carry the antibodies, 87% of people don't know they have it because they're asymptomatic or have very mild symptoms) and that I am not having recurrent symptoms, but he can still get it from me. I told him the supplements I take to combat it, how I did a lot of ozone therapy and UVB therapy, and that I do not take antivirals. I told him I could become symptomatic in the future. I am unsure at this point. I asked him if he had any questions for me. He asked me if I got it before I had my son (no) and he asked me if I knew who my ex contracted it from (no). **Be knowledgable about the virus so if they have questions for you - you can answer them.** He told me this was not a deal breaker at all. He appreciated my honesty and wants to continue to see me. He said he likes me for who I am. He said I'm a great mom, I have my life together, and that I didn't do anything wrong. I was with a man who wasn't loyal to me. He said he wouldn't fault me for that.

A couple months ago I would cry every single day because I thought no one would ever want to be with me because of this.. I want you to know people are out there who will look passed your diagnosis. People ask this question a lot on here so I want to say this - No, I did not have to date down. In fact, this man is a lot better than probably any man I have ever dated. He is smart, handsome, kind, and succesful. I am telling you this virus is a blessing in disguise. You will really know who likes you for YOU. If you are feeling sad or alone.. know it's not the end of the world. Know it's not the end of your dating life. You will find someone if you want to find them.. or they will find you! Be well, friends.

• Like 5
6 hours ago, organicmama said:

Hey, everyone! I haven't been on here for a little while because I am trying not to think about my diagnosis too much. However, I wanted to shine a little light on your day. I am seeing someone for the first time since being diagnosed. I have been going on dates with him for about a month or so. I really like him and can see myself being with him. I finally decided to tell him about my diagnosis. I want to mention (2) things that I think are really important. (1) Before I told him I wanted him to get to know ME. I didn't want to disclose right off the bat because all they know about you is that you have a virus.. that's not a good start. (2) I wanted to get to know HIM. I wanted to know if I would be interested enough to become sexual with him in the future so I could see if it was worth sharing my personal information. I also wanted to know if he is someone I could trust with that information.

I could not take it anymore so I decided to go ahead and disclose to him. I was honest, told him how I got it, told him some facts about HSV (85% of people our age carry the antibodies, 87% of people don't know they have it because they're asymptomatic or have very mild symptoms) and that I am not having recurrent symptoms, but he can still get it from me. I told him the supplements I take to combat it, how I did a lot of ozone therapy and UVB therapy, and that I do not take antivirals. I told him I could become symptomatic in the future. I am unsure at this point. I asked him if he had any questions for me. He asked me if I got it before I had my son (no) and he asked me if I knew who my ex contracted it from (no). **Be knowledgable about the virus so if they have questions for you - you can answer them.** He told me this was not a deal breaker at all. He appreciated my honesty and wants to continue to see me. He said he likes me for who I am. He said I'm a great mom, I have my life together, and that I didn't do anything wrong. I was with a man who wasn't loyal to me. He said he wouldn't fault me for that.

A couple months ago I would cry every single day because I thought no one would ever want to be with me because of this.. I want you to know people are out there who will look passed your diagnosis. People ask this question a lot on here so I want to say this - No, I did not have to date down. In fact, this man is a lot better than probably any man I have ever dated. He is smart, handsome, kind, and succesful. I am telling you this virus is a blessing in disguise. You will really know who likes you for YOU. If you are feeling sad or alone.. know it's not the end of the world. Know it's not the end of your dating life. You will find someone if you want to find them.. or they will find you! Be well, friends.

Nice story, glad to hear that it’s possible to meet someone and they can be accepting. How did the Ozone and UVB therapy work for you?

13 hours ago, Michgirl73 said:

Nice story, glad to hear that it’s possible to meet someone and they can be accepting. How did the Ozone and UVB therapy work for you?

Thank you so much. I did 31 rounds of the ozone therapy and 1 round of UVB. Since my diagnosis and therapy I have not shown any symptoms - it has been two and a half months so far.

• Like 1

Haha that's brilliant news organicmama! 

Congrats to you, sounds like you got yourself a real good guy.

& the same will happen to all of you others that believe you will be alone!

You won't! 😉

You are defined for being the person you are, not a frigging virus!

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Amando said:

Haha that's brilliant news organicmama! 

Congrats to you, sounds like you got yourself a real good guy.

& the same will happen to all of you others that believe you will be alone!

You won't! 😉

You are defined for being the person you are, not a frigging virus!

Thank you!! I did, I am truly blessed that he came into my life.

• 8 months later...
On 11/6/2018 at 8:05 PM, Michgirl73 said:

Update on this - it’s almost been a year (next month) no symptoms at all and my igg is now low positive. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So so happy for you!!

I went through the same deal. Some days I hate it but it led me to taking things slow with the wonderful man I’m with! He accepted what I had and said I was worth the risk; he didn’t care. And now two years later and hints of an engagement ring, we’re still going strong 😁

What simplex do you have? Very interested in the therapies you’re speaking of. Do tell more!