• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Ghsv1 transmission - confused

Hey all. I have genital hsv1 and I’m still confused on if I can spread it to a partner’s genitals. I feel like I read somewhere it I hard to transfer hav1 from genital to genital. I have been under the impression that ghsv1 is the “better” is the two h strains below the belt. 

Also, id a person has hsv1 on their mouth, are they immune to getting it from me ob their genitals? Any links you can share would be great too. 

Thanks 

No matter which types of HSV you get, it's highly contagious. Genital hsv1 still easily spreads  from genital to genital. Also, a person who has oral hsv1 doesn't always mean he/she never get this virus. So, you should be careful and try to control herpes outbreaks. 

• 4 weeks later...

I was under the impression that having oral hsv1 meant that you couldn’t get a genital point of infection. Same way we can’t give ourselves oral hsv1. Our bodies have already made antibodies and protects us from another primary infection.  Following this thread!

16 hours ago, Nolove said:

I was under the impression that having oral hsv1 meant that you couldn’t get a genital point of infection. Same way we can’t give ourselves oral hsv1. Our bodies have already made antibodies and protects us from another primary infection.  Following this thread!

I read tonight -

Once you have herpes at one site, it is rare to then get the same type at another site. This is because your body develops antibodies which prevent this from happening.

and yet another site said that you should be careful in first months after outbreak as it is possible to spread it (yourself) to other areas of your body during that time as your body hasn't developed the antibodies yet.

The first quote was from the NZ Herpes Foundation

5 hours ago, OverTheRainbow said:

I read tonight -

Once you have herpes at one site, it is rare to then get the same type at another site. This is because your body develops antibodies which prevent this from happening.

and yet another site said that you should be careful in first months after outbreak as it is possible to spread it (yourself) to other areas of your body during that time as your body hasn't developed the antibodies yet.

The first quote was from the NZ Herpes Foundation

That makes sense! I wish there wasn’t so much misinformation out there. It’s very confusing. 

• 8 months later...
On 11/13/2018 at 6:36 PM, imkeewa said:

No matter which types of HSV you get, it's highly contagious. Genital hsv1 still easily spreads  from genital to genital. Also, a person who has oral hsv1 doesn't always mean he/she never get this virus. So, you should be careful and try to control herpes outbreaks. 

Not true. Maybe if you're citing active outbreaks? But GhSv1 rarely recurs. Sheds rarely - new study shows rate of 1.3% after 2 years and isn't easily transmitted.

The majority of people who have ghsv1 got it from someone who has ohsv1 performing oral sex on them.