Jump to content
Welcome to the new-and-improved forums! Read more... ×
kvothe1878

HSV-1 IgG Index Value - Need help in interpretation.

Recommended Posts

Hello,

 

I contracted HSV in my throat from an oral sex 11 weeks ago. I did IgG tests at 4, 8 and 10 week and all show HSV-1 positive and HSV-2 negative. All IgMs were negative. I don't have the index value for 4 and 8th week tests. However, 10th week test showed IgG of 27.7 for HSV-1. Is this an old infection? I mean older than 10 week? People with HSV-1, could you please share what was your IgG when you tested? and How long you had? I feel like I have HSV-2 orally but my body hasn't built up antibodies for it so far.

 

Thanks....

Share this post


Link to post

To me, that's a very high number, so I would assume it's from a past infection. I don't have all my values... but I know I was diagnosed at 19 with HSV1. I may of had it longer than that, my guess is from my parents, when I was a child. I do know my value at 32 years old was 2.4, and then September of this year was at 3.2, and November of this year it's now at 7.8... I've been under a lot of stress the last two months, worrying about possible contraction of HSV2, so that's why my doctors think it increased a bunch in a 2 month time span, although realistically, nobody really knows the "why"... hope this helps some?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post

Mine was 5.94 for hsv1 and 6 for hsv2. I have had fever blisters for 38 years. I didn't know I had the other type so can't say how long I've had it. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/19/2018 at 7:26 PM, MissGuided said:

To me, that's a very high number, so I would assume it's from a past infection. I don't have all my values... but I know I was diagnosed at 19 with HSV1. I may of had it longer than that, my guess is from my parents, when I was a child. I do know my value at 32 years old was 2.4, and then September of this year was at 3.2, and November of this year it's now at 7.8... I've been under a lot of stress the last two months, worrying about possible contraction of HSV2, so that's why my doctors think it increased a bunch in a 2 month time span, although realistically, nobody really knows the "why"... hope this helps some?

Thanks for the reply. Have you ever had any cold sores? Did you find out you have HSV-1 via a blood test?  It looks like mine is a very old infection.

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/21/2018 at 8:45 PM, sweetlove884 said:

Mine was 5.94 for hsv1 and 6 for hsv2. I have had fever blisters for 38 years. I didn't know I had the other type so can't say how long I've had it. 

Thanks for the reply. Have you ever had any symptoms for HSV-2? It looks like mine is a very old infection.

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, kvothe1878 said:

Thanks for the reply. Have you ever had any cold sores? Did you find out you have HSV-1 via a blood test?  It looks like mine is a very old infection.

When I look back, I think I've had 2 cold sores on my lip, in the last 14 years of knowing. They weren't even what looked to be cold sores, just a zit on my lip that lasted a couple days and had a scab, which I assumed was from picking at it. I would assume you have HSV1 in your throat, not hsv2. Do you have reason to believe it's hsv2? Was the person you had oral sex with hsv2 positive?

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, MissGuided said:

When I look back, I think I've had 2 cold sores on my lip, in the last 14 years of knowing. They weren't even what looked to be cold sores, just a zit on my lip that lasted a couple days and had a scab, which I assumed was from picking at it. I would assume you have HSV1 in your throat, not hsv2. Do you have reason to believe it's hsv2? Was the person you had oral sex with hsv2 positive?

My mom is pretty sure I had cold sores when I was a kid (5 or 6 recurrences in total) but I don’t remember any. She also gets cold sores a few times a year so it’s highly likely I have it. The reason I’m thinking that it’s HSV-2 is, if you had cold sores, you will not get HSV-1 in throat from oral sex. It all happened after oral sex. I don’t think my mom is wrong obout me having cold sores. 

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, kvothe1878 said:

Thanks for the reply. Have you ever had any symptoms for HSV-2? It looks like mine is a very old infection.

No, I haven't. No genital outbreak ever 

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Dreamer07 said:

My Igg value was 1.29 I believe, I was diagnosed at age 30, GHSV1.

How long after exposure you got tested?

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/27/2018 at 8:12 PM, kvothe1878 said:

Thanks for the reply. Have you ever had any symptoms for HSV-2? It looks like mine is a very old infection.

I'm sorry I missed seeing your reply. I have never had any genital outbreaks, if that's what you're asking. I was very surprised to get the HSV2 diagnosis

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×