• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Genital Herpes and Genital Warts

CMB11

Hi. I’m a 20 year old female going through my 3rd OB. Also think I have genital warts too.

Are genital warts as common as the internet says? I feel so so so disgusting and ashamed in myself, I can barely look in the mirror. I know self pity doesn’t help but I feel so awful. It’s my 21st birthday in 2 days and I just want to celebrate like a normal person!!!! 

Do other people have HSV2 and genital warts too? Please tell me I’m not alone.

Also, should I go to the clinic to have a doctor look at these warts? Whilst I’m having an OB? Or should I wait until it starts clearing up to deal with one thing at a time? 

Advice please, I just feel so lost with no one to talk to.

Sorry to hear you have both.

Warts can be very persistent and easily spreadable so it would be best to get them looked at as soon as you can. Mine were diagnosed just by looking at them and I had them frozen but the doctor didn’t make a big deal out of it or even mention future implications. I think this is because they are so common and don’t cause pain like herpes. 

I’m in a situation like yours except I’m waiting to find out if I carry herpes. I’ve resisted getting a blood test until my warts and other symptoms clear but I know putting it off doesn’t make things any easier.

I am a 22 year old male and also struggling to cope with this but all I can think is life does go on and you have to deal with obstacles head on.    

• Like 2

@CMB11 breath and try to focus on helping yourself heel. Eat well, exercise, don't drink or smoke///all the common sense things.

This might sound obvious, but try not to judge yourself. Emotional stress has an impact in your immune system and that directly affects your recovery, specially since you are dealing with a virus.

I would totally recommend you go to the doctor as soon as possible, because uncertainty can trigger anxiety and that's not going to help you recover. However, if you rather handle one thing at the time that's ok too. You need to consider what strategy works best for you.

You are a worthy and resilient human being and you'll handle this like a boss. And let us know how it goes! 

• Like 1

I’m 43 years old and contacted warts at 18.  I’ve been married to the same man for 21 years and together almost 25.  I gave him GW when we first started dating and he was so accepting.  Now, a month ago, I had my first ever genital hsv1 outbreak.  Turns out that he is a carrier of hsv1 and didn’t know it.  Hang in there...I was so ashamed of myself years ago but found my soul mate.  It will all work out for you in the end.

• Like 1