• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I have good news to share! :D

I went to the clinic yesterday as I was worried about whether I was getting regular outbreaks turns out that she confirmed that in February because the pain I experienced was so painful it was confirmed that it was definitely a bartholin cyst that I had and then had my 1st outbreak sore in March when I was swabbed positive for hsv2, in April I experienced a very painful outbreak on my vulva which was extremely painful when passing urine and ever since then I have been very alert to any thing that I then think may be an outbreak. I remember going to a clinic before and she saying she can't see any sore even though I could see bumps and felt itchy and a slight burn feeling now and again. She checked yesterday and she couldn't see a thing and gave me some Olatium cream to soothe my skin as it seemed slightly sore either side which I told her was most probably from me pouring table salt over me in the bath everyday for a week thinking it was an outbreak even though there was no open sore.

Checked in the mirror that evening when I got back and realised that all this time I have been worrying over what I thought was an outbreak was actually nothing but a bump(s) from shaving and clothing friction and when I read up on it,it confirmed that they can be itchy and have a small burning feel to them at times or if hair is growing back it can be itchy.

So I feel sooo much better and relieved to know I was panicking over nothing,I suffer with ocd over washing my hands so when diagnosed with hsv2 and being a natural worrier it was making me paranoid and forgetting about how it was before my diagnosis when I had a slight itch now and again when hair would be growing back or if I had a few shaving bumps. I wouldn't of gave it a thought before or be worried about it but because I now have hsv2 I wasn't sure if it was herpes and this explains why they never looked like a typical herpes breakout because all along they wasn't.

Hopefully this can re-assure other people who have panicked like I have.

• Like 2