• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Testing IgG bi weekly...

Just curious, has anyone else tested weekly, or biweekly after being exposed, and if so, when did you turn positive? 

I tested negative at 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 7.5 weeks, and I go on Monday for 10 weeks...

wondering if my chances are high to change from 0.06 to anything in the last 2.5 weeks That have passed  

im obviously very stressed and curious to see the results this coming Monday. I have a new “bump”, as of this morning, of course, and can’t get into my doctors office. It’s goign to be a very long weekend for me, as I can’t stop checking myself out in a mirror and worrying about this new bump. There is a hair coming out of it, and I’m not going to lie, I squeezed it, and hard white stuff came out, so I’m hopi g it’s just a follicle, but it seems too coincidental to be that easy :( it feels irritated, but I’m fully aware I messed with it. Should of left it alone. Ugh. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Pikachuhasherpes said:

Doesn't sound like a herpes lesion to me hun. Definitely sounds like an ingrown hair!!

Thanks! I’ll cross my fingers 😞 I keep having this pin point red dot rash kind of all over that comes and goes within a couple hours, no clue what that is, just dots, not raised or anything. So weird! And this uncomfortable sensation in general down there. Not sure if it’s all in my head and I’m just going insane or what. Could be possible. 

Hi! 

I had a similar situation not too long ago where I was getting tested bi weekly right up until the 12 week mark. Personally, they didn't detect any of the virus in my blood on any of the tests. Although it is possible to be negative right up until the final week and turn positive after that, i think it's unlikely. Generally, 70% of people will show antibodies after 7/8 weeks if they have been infected, which quite frankly is a relatively high probability. That's from my reading of scientific journals, but unfortunately I can't cite my sources as I read em a while back. 

Hope this helps :) 

4 hours ago, Newbie123 said:

Hi! 

I had a similar situation not too long ago where I was getting tested bi weekly right up until the 12 week mark. Personally, they didn't detect any of the virus in my blood on any of the tests. Although it is possible to be negative right up until the final week and turn positive after that, i think it's unlikely. Generally, 70% of people will show antibodies after 7/8 weeks if they have been infected, which quite frankly is a relatively high probability. That's from my reading of scientific journals, but unfortunately I can't cite my sources as I read em a while back. 

Hope this helps 🙂

So you’re still negative? 

3 minutes ago, Newbie123 said:

Yep to the best of my knowledge my last test at the 12 week mark came back negative. How did yours go? 

Are you gonna test again beyond that? I don’t know yet, it will take 2-3 days for the labs to come back, which sucks. At my obgyn they only take a day and are in my email. Here, it takes longer, and I’m calling them before they have a chance to let me know, lol. I’m too impatient to wait, understandably, I’d think. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/26/2018 at 8:25 PM, Newbie123 said:

Yep to the best of my knowledge my last test at the 12 week mark came back negative. How did yours go? 

Wondering how you are doing? I just hit 16 weeks and am still negative for hsv2. Trying to emotionally move on from this, but it's rather hard. Also, has brought more light to the fact for me, that I have oral HSV1, that never really seemed to matter prior to this, and now I find every person I meet, before I kiss them, I let them know I could possibly have a mouth cold sore some day. I've only ever had them inside my lip before. 

Curious if you guys have continued to get tested and what the results were?

I was tested (Igg) 2, 6, 12, and 18 weeks post exposure. I did take acyclovir for 1-2 weeks during that time period. Not sure if that can influence test results. All results have come back negative, but I continue to experience blister like bumps on my shaft for periodic periods of time. They don’t burst but I do experience genital pain.

No doctor has suggested a swab since they don’t burst. I’m likely going to get retested at 6 months.

Everything I’ve read suggest 12/16 weeks should be sufficient, but I’m at a loss for what else to get tested for to get rid of the pain.

9 hours ago, H2018 said:

Curious if you guys have continued to get tested and what the results were?

I was tested (Igg) 2, 6, 12, and 18 weeks post exposure. I did take acyclovir for 1-2 weeks during that time period. Not sure if that can influence test results. All results have come back negative, but I continue to experience blister like bumps on my shaft for periodic periods of time. They don’t burst but I do experience genital pain.

No doctor has suggested a swab since they don’t burst. I’m likely going to get retested at 6 months.

Everything I’ve read suggest 12/16 weeks should be sufficient, but I’m at a loss for what else to get tested for to get rid of the pain.

I would suggest a swab yourself. Don't let the doctor not suggesting a swab discourage you. Ask, and get one done. It will bring you peace of mind. I was tested at 2,4,6,8,10,12,14, and 16 (as of last week) and all have remained below 0.2 I still don't feel at peace, but I'm trying to start accepting things and move on. I still have a weird itchiness where all my pubic hair is on the front, and little red spots that look like freckles that come and go here and there after a couple hours, but no sores or anything typical you would expect. I'm at a loss as well, but I do trust the blood work and assume it must be something else at this point. 

On 1/14/2019 at 9:51 PM, MissGuided said:

I would suggest a swab yourself. Don't let the doctor not suggesting a swab discourage you. Ask, and get one done. It will bring you peace of mind. I was tested at 2,4,6,8,10,12,14, and 16 (as of last week) and all have remained below 0.2 I still don't feel at peace, but I'm trying to start accepting things and move on. I still have a weird itchiness where all my pubic hair is on the front, and little red spots that look like freckles that come and go here and there after a couple hours, but no sores or anything typical you would expect. I'm at a loss as well, but I do trust the blood work and assume it must be something else at this point. 

Thanks for the reply. I actually got a biopsy done yesterday at the dermatologist, so I’ll see what the results are in 1-2 weeks.

Still experiencing significant pain in my genital region. At this point I just want something to come back positive, herpes or not, so I can put all my energy into treating that one thing and eventually move on.

I’d be interested in updates if you plan on getting tested at 6 months post exposure. This is my first encounter with a potentially serious medical issue and all of the misinformation out there is alarming. I wish there was a single source of truth for false negative rates for igg testing by weeks after exposure.

On 1/16/2019 at 10:47 AM, H2018 said:

Thanks for the reply. I actually got a biopsy done yesterday at the dermatologist, so I’ll see what the results are in 1-2 weeks.

Still experiencing significant pain in my genital region. At this point I just want something to come back positive, herpes or not, so I can put all my energy into treating that one thing and eventually move on.

I’d be interested in updates if you plan on getting tested at 6 months post exposure. This is my first encounter with a potentially serious medical issue and all of the misinformation out there is alarming. I wish there was a single source of truth for false negative rates for igg testing by weeks after exposure.

Out of curiosity, what did they biopsy? I’m still having issues as well, and testing negative. A random rash that seems to come and go within hours, but chronic, daily, and just itching. They’re starting to think allergy but no clue as to what it would be. It’s all alarming as well. I’ve been to that same point. Just tell me it’s something so I can quit feeling I’m going crazy and move on.