• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

A guy asked me out

I using a dating app and a guy that I have been talking to asked me out. He told me he’s a cop. For some reason the fear of disclosing just got weirder. I have spent my whole life ducking out from cops now I might have an interest in one. I don’t k ow how I’m going to tell him this. He’s the first date I have been asked or on since being diagnosed a couple of months ago. Any advice?

Nope not at all,try not think like that as at the end of the day it is just a job.

Try not to let it worry you and enjoy the moment,Take time in getting to know each other as the more he feels there is something there then further down the line you can then feel much more confident and trusting to have the talk.

If it helps reassure you,you can go on daily suppressive therapy and there is then less likely to transfer it.

Best of luck!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

He’s just a person like anyone else despite what he does for a living. I haven’t started dating yet but in talking with friends youll know if this is the sort of person you want to disclose something so personal with. If he rejects you then he wasn’t the one. Herpes is just a small part of you there is a much bigger picture to be seen. Also you don’t have to say something on the first date maybe if things progress to a point you feel you will be intimate in the near future you should have the talk

• Like 1