• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Symptoms Questions

Joans

Hi everyone~! 

I was diagnosed with HSV2 about 2 years ago. I have questions about :

1. Doctors 
  2. Symptoms
  3. Medications 

1.Who do you see for your HSV? I was going to my primary care provider but I have a feeling she doesn't know the best way to help me. I'm considering going to a dermatologist. Does anyone have experience with this? 

2. So I had my initial outbreak in February of 2017. I took medication, it went away. Since then I have had a couple of manageable outbreaks which went way with medicine just fine. However, for the past 4 months it feels like I am having a constant break out, no matter how much medicine I take. When I went to my primary care doctor she said that it was not a HSV 2 lesion, it was just acne. However, I have never had acne like this in my pubic area. It doesn't hurt like HSV 2 lesions do, but they look like pimples and they last a long time. Anybody have any experience with this? 

3. Do you use acyclovir? Has it ever not worked for you? 

Thank you for reading!

Joans

27 minutes ago, Joans said:

Hi everyone~! 

I was diagnosed with HSV2 about 2 years ago. I have questions about :

1. Doctors 
  2. Symptoms
  3. Medications 

1.Who do you see for your HSV? I was going to my primary care provider but I have a feeling she doesn't know the best way to help me. I'm considering going to a dermatologist. Does anyone have experience with this? 

2. So I had my initial outbreak in February of 2017. I took medication, it went away. Since then I have had a couple of manageable outbreaks which went way with medicine just fine. However, for the past 4 months it feels like I am having a constant break out, no matter how much medicine I take. When I went to my primary care doctor she said that it was not a HSV 2 lesion, it was just acne. However, I have never had acne like this in my pubic area. It doesn't hurt like HSV 2 lesions do, but they look like pimples and they last a long time. Anybody have any experience with this? 

3. Do you use acyclovir? Has it ever not worked for you? 

Thank you for reading!

Joans

How often do you get the acne and how many show up at once? I’m also facing unexplained occurnaces of acne near my genitals, but blood work has been negative

@blurneworder

Hi! 

Starting in July was the first time I had acne like this (that won't go away) and it's even on my inner thighs. There are around 7 and have stayed since July. It's so strange. Doesn't feel like HSV2 but also does not go away like normal acne. I've had ingrown hairs before but those would be maybe 1 or 2 very rare (like every couple months).

Joans

12 minutes ago, Joans said:

@blurneworder

Hi! 

Starting in July was the first time I had acne like this (that won't go away) and it's even on my inner thighs. There are around 7 and have stayed since July. It's so strange. Doesn't feel like HSV2 but also does not go away like normal acne. I've had ingrown hairs before but those would be maybe 1 or 2 very rare (like every couple months).

Joans

What do you constant outbreaks feel and look like?