• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Genital to genital HSV1

Hello, I've heard that genital to genital HSV1 transmission is rare (some even say "unheard of"). I've looked through several databases that I have access too, and haven't heard anything more concrete than this general term, even in scientific journals. Does anyone know a more specific number? I realize this isn't crucial, but I like to have the numbers on my side when I'm considering disclosure, and communicating the risks associated. Thanks!

-L

2 minutes ago, herpnerve said:

How do you know you got it genital to genital and not from oral to genital? 

Because I only had intercourse and got sick, my ex admitted to me later he had a small sore on the tip of his penis and got opened up after we had sex. I tested a week later tested positive only for hsv1 then the sore came.

4 hours ago, Michgirl73 said:

Because I only had intercourse and got sick, my ex admitted to me later he had a small sore on the tip of his penis and got opened up after we had sex. I tested a week later tested positive only for hsv1 then the sore came.

It angers me that not only did her not disclose but had sex while he had a small sore

he should have known better

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/25/2018 at 7:35 AM, Michgirl73 said:

Oh it has emotionally put in a place I never wanted to be and having a hard time dealing with it. I’m so hurt and the pain is very difficult.

Sorry this happened to you. Very similar to my situation as well. Another genital to genital hsv1 transmission. My ex didn’t realize he had it. But he lied about not being with other people. Which determined my decision to not use protection. I was diagnosed right before thanksgiving of this year. It’s put me in a really tough place emotionally. I’ve only had the one outbreak but it was awful.  I’m terrified to have another and I’m terrified to disclose. 

7 hours ago, Nolove said:

Sorry this happened to you. Very similar to my situation as well. Another genital to genital hsv1 transmission. My ex didn’t realize he had it. But he lied about not being with other people. Which determined my decision to not use protection. I was diagnosed right before thanksgiving of this year. It’s put me in a really tough place emotionally. I’ve only had the one outbreak but it was awful.  I’m terrified to have another and I’m terrified to disclose. 

Yes I completely understand. I went back to the doctors and he put me on antidepressants because I was crying so much. I didn’t want live. I was feeling horrible and scared I’m never to find anyone to accept me again and I would be alone forever which makes me really sad. On the dating site there isn’t many Hsv1 gential ppl on there, a lot of Hsv2. Anyway my doctor had a heart to heart with me whiched helped me a lot. More ppl have hsv1 then don’t have it.. almost 80% of the population. Not that I wanted to be apart of that but it’s comforting to know that there are a lot of ppl that have this. I hope u feel better I know it’s extremely hard but once we get in under control it may not ever come back my doctor said all depends on our bodies.

• 1 month later...
On 11/24/2018 at 1:28 AM, SD1990 said:

Hello, I've heard that genital to genital HSV1 transmission is rare (some even say "unheard of"). I've looked through several databases that I have access too, and haven't heard anything more concrete than this general term, even in scientific journals. Does anyone know a more specific number? I realize this isn't crucial, but I like to have the numbers on my side when I'm considering disclosure, and communicating the risks associated. Thanks!

-L

I also got Genital Hsv1 from genital to genital.  (We only had intercourse, no oral) the transmission was from Male to female (me)and he had No visible outbreaks and it was ONE TIME intimacy, it lasted 5 min MAX and now I have to carry this for the rest of my life.  I hate my life 🙁