• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

BLEEDING?

Hi all, 

feel free to read my previous posts to provide insight I would definitely appreciate it! 

Adding on from my previous posts, I went to the doctor and was told I had BV and provided with some type of powder to drink to rid of it (I’m in another country and I’m only used to pills) . That was 10/15. Fast forward to now, I’ve noticed that every time I drink alcohol now, my genitals/anus gets super dry & itchy. I had a glass of wine on Thursday and now my butthole (sorry tmi)  started to feel dried out. I wiped after using the bathroom today and saw blood specs. I’m not sure if it’s because it is so dry or what? And why would I get itchy or dry after drinking alcohol? Could it be a yeast issue still? Before I was given yeast infection medicine last month I wasn’t experiencing an itch but after I took it it seemed to irritate me down below. 

I won’t be able to get tested until I return to the states in two weeks but I’m literally so worried about what could be going on 😞 help. 

Confused- I know it’s hard, but please try to relax a bit. It’s stressful and scary when you don’t know you whether have it but think you do. What you’re describing here does not sound like herpes. It could be a fissure or hemorrhoid that started bleeding a bit. That does happen and it will heal. Do you have dry, itchy  skin in other places (face, arms, hands, etc)? The weather change may also be contributing to sensitive skin for you. I know for me, in the winter when there’s less humidity and you’re indoors with more heated air, everything starts to dry out and get itchy.

Is there a clinic you could go to for more testing? Blood or IGg? Worst case, you just wait til you come back to the US and see your GP or Gyn and insist on specific testing for herpes. You’ll at least know at that point. Really, I think the stress and the worry you’re putting on yourself is worse than the actual diagnosis.  If you do have it, you’ll accept it and deal with it. Take medication if your doctor recommends it and do what you can to stay healthy and keep things under control. You got this! ❤️