• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Herpes test results and first herpes talk all within an hour. Whilst at work.

What a day. I wrote in my introduction that I was yet to tell my (very) long distance boyfriend. His phone has been out of action and it's not the kind of conversation you want to have by email.

Well he emailed me this afternoon because he was awake at 4 am on the other side of the world with the feeling that something was wrong. I still didn't want to tell him. I just said I'd had some bad news from the doctor but I couldn't tell him by email. But he pleaded with me to tell him, so I did. I couldn't leave him wondering. And he was so fabulous about it. He said he was glad that it was nothing serious (he thought I was going to tell him I had cancer) and reminded me that he gets coldsores and it's very common and I shouldn't worry about his willy falling off :)

In the midst of all this my doctor phoned to give me my results. Needless to say it was all too much and I ended up in floods of tears, mostly tears of relief I think, but a little bit of sadness too that I can no longer hold on to the very slim hope I had for negative results.

But I feel good. The two scariest parts (for me) are over and done with, and now I can move on with my life. Along with my new little friend - who I think has appeared in my life as a necessary reminder that I need to take better care of myself, physically and emotionally.