• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Burning sensation?

Beast

My question is, will I always have this “burning” sensation? I’ve been prescribed Valtrex and feel so much better with it but when I’m not the sensation comes back. I spoke with my doctor and asked if I can be on the suppressive therapy but she says that it’s not in my best interest because it causes liver damage.  The only relief I get (if not on Valtrex) is when I use witch hazel. It burns on application but once it dries I’m good.  Will I always have to do this for the rest of my life? 

I am on acyclivor suppressive therapy and I have a doctors appointment end of Jan as my batch of prescriptions will be ending. On this appointment I will be adament that I want to keep taking them for life as for me I feel it is best. I will be referred to a specalist at the hospital and hopefully I can remain on them. 

I have done my research and there are no bad effects and personally for me I haven't experienced any plus I have read columns from people who have been on it as long as 10 years plus.

If I don't want to get pregnant I take the pill every day knowing there is a chance of a blood clot and the same thing to me as not having an outbreak I am gonna take 2 tablets each day knowing there may be a risk down the line but for both I am willing to take it.