• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

It’s been 4 months now

I was exposed in august and was diagnosed by late September. It’s almost December and I’m think I’m at a point where I feel that 1 out of 5 people is a LOT of us. It’s kind of set in and I haven’t had an outbreak for a little while. I feel better about it. Time moves on and so do we. We have this, but so does everyone else. It doesn’t seem like it’s as big of a deal as it was initially to me. I’m in acceptance. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I find myself feeling acceptance but then I have days where I’m still emotional. There is a lot of ppl that have the virus that know and more that don’t know. I’m glad u are getting to a better place. I can only hope that one day I can just have this lie dormant and have no physical symptoms. 

I think in a way, coming to acceptance was very easy for me because I have been single and celibate for so long and so incredibly picky about who I surround myself with that when it comes to H, it just kinda became one of those "If you can't handle ALL of me, then you just can't have ANY of me". And I am not letting myself stress about it. H is just a very small part of me, it does not define me, and if someone else can't handle that, then I don't care. What someone else thinks of me is none of my business, and I am going to continue to live the happy life that I had before the diagnosis. People can either join me in being happy or leave me the hell alone so I can continue as I was.

It's not a big deal in my life, and so I will not make it one. I will disclose, and if it's a big deal/deal breaker to them, then that's fine. Moving on. I'm not going to let someone else shame me, whether on purpose or by default. I have a beautiful life to live.

• Like 1

After I was diagnosed, I finally was able to hold my head up after a couple of weeks. I was surprised to see that many of my coworkers at work and people that I would see daily happen to of had a cold sore on their lip. I never even noticed before. It then started to occur to me how many people have this and just don’t talk about it. I told my best friend (who is a nurse), about how I got it and who gave it to me. She told me that even her mom has it. My friend said there was a time that she was with someone that knew he had it and  disclosed. She still had sexual with him and didn’t even care that much. She mentioned that she had been tested in the past couple of years for it. She assured me that this is so common. It’s now a part of me, but it seems that it’s up to how I view myself is how much it defines me. I’m just not letting it. I felt so distraught and broken just a couple of months ago with this. Statistics made me feel a lot better. 1 in 5 is a lot of us with HSV2. Where around 90% of us have HSV1. After we turn 50, the numbers increase. We are very fortunate that this isn’t life threatening. Life will and does go on. Don’t let it get you down to to long. It’s just a matter of shifting our perspective. Everything is okay. We all are okay. We all are definitely not alone. ❤️

• Like 3