• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Contact with a sore

Hi guys 

I have had a close call i had sex with my partner with what may have been prodrome i checked my self before having sex and saw Nothing although did feel a little tingle but i thought i was being paranoid  my partner did penetrate me for maybe a minute with no condom but then i told him to put on a condom we had sex we also had sex the next morning with a condom i checked myself again after this and had a sore at the opening of my vagina im freaking out about transmission and how likely it may be any advice is welcome i know i need to try and be more alert im on acyclovir and he knows of my status how nuch contact is needed with the sore im a nervous wreck 

Thanks in advance everyone 

@Anonymous88 i did think that but it does look like a sore and i do feel a little tingly how likely is transmission in this scenario i know u cant say for sure is a minute enough contact for transmission im not sure if he would have had direct contact with it as its in a slightly awkward place like below opening toward peri anal areaa im having craxy anxiety over this and hes just told me he has a headache so of course im thinking the worst this happened Thursday night and Friday morning so 2 days ago, also thanks for the replies its much appreciated 

No problem at all. It is hard to say but it is a lower risk for a woman to pass on to a guy as they have thicker skin. Usually the symptoms are flu like symptoms,swollen lymph nodes and headaches so just watch out for these. He may have been lucky but it is soo hard to say as everyones body acts differently to the virus. Is he aware you have herpes? If so I know you would hate to pass this on but if you have disclosed and have done everything you can not to pass it please dont blame yourself too much for it as its a risk to take.

I know it is easier said then done but please try not to worry yourself.

16 hours ago, Whatiswrongwithme said:

Hi guys 

I have had a close call i had sex with my partner with what may have been prodrome i checked my self before having sex and saw Nothing although did feel a little tingle but i thought i was being paranoid  my partner did penetrate me for maybe a minute with no condom but then i told him to put on a condom we had sex we also had sex the next morning with a condom i checked myself again after this and had a sore at the opening of my vagina im freaking out about transmission and how likely it may be any advice is welcome i know i need to try and be more alert im on acyclovir and he knows of my status how nuch contact is needed with the sore im a nervous wreck 

Thanks in advance everyone 

You may developed the site after having sex, because they say that the rubbing can cause outbreak. So u might not had at first. Hopefully everything he didn’t get infected. I hope everything turns out ok, don’t stress because that causes outbreaks too!