Welcome to the new-and-improved forums! Read more... ×
Alisonbr

Hsv2 on genitals 8 weeks ago but I’ve been breaking out with acne on my chain since . Like super bad.

I was infected with hsv2 anally 8 weeks ago but I’ve been breaking out with acne on my chin since . Like super bad.my roommate keeps saying I got herpes on my face but I think it really is acne it pops just like zits I’ve had in the past . And it’s not around my mouth . It literally on the lower part of my chin. Is it Herpes? Or acne and why has it been so severe . I’ve gotten the occasionally zit before but not this many and once I pop one and it goes away a new one will come by the next day.

Also when I did have an outbreak genitally and was on meds it did nothing to help my acne.also I tested negative for hsv1.

It’s probably the stress linked to having HSV-2 causing you to break out since I’m sure it can’t be actual herpes on your chin 

• Thanks 1

Thanks , I’ve never had acne before and my roommate knows about my genital herpes and keeps telling me that I got it on my face too so it makes me feel paranoid and disgusting. I’ve only had it 2 1/2 months so I’m still dealing with the shock and shame