• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Suppressive therapy and liver protection

I had my annual blood test done this week. My mother passed from cancer and I like to check how my body is doing every once in a while to avoid being too late to act if I were to be ill. My doc was happy about my results, because they were in the optimal range, but I wasn’t happy at all. I have noticed some really minor things but I am worried it might get more serious. I was a little bit low on vit B because of not eating meat but I take supplements for that, it’s okay. But one of my liver enzymes’ level was very slightly elevated. I’m on suppressive therapy but I’m not too consistent with it, I usually take 400 or 800 mg of acyclovir a day (1 or 2 tablets) but I sometimes forget to take it at all. I am not on any other medication: no hormonal birth control, I literally never take painkillers even if I have a headache... I wonder why this is. Is there any natural remedy that helps me liver do the work of getting rid of unnecessary stuff and meds in my system? There are some detox herbal teas available but I don’t know if they are right for me now. Should I just completely avoid acyclovir for a period of time? Will an outbreak put too much stress on my body or are the meds worse?