• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Anal herpes vs vaginal herpes question

The person that gave me hsv2 & I were dating for two months prior to our first time which was anal because I was on my period and then two or three days later I know something was wrong and went to doc who did pcr scrap test . Anyways we never had vaginal sex and while I was trying to forgive him and move on I couldn’t so I ended it. Anyways of course I’ll use protection, I always have but does that mean I only have herpes anally ? I’m goons ask my doc soon . So far only met with the urgent care doc who took the sample and called me to tell me I had hsv2.  

I have mine around that area as well. My doctor told me I should only have breakouts around there but can still be shedding with vaginal sex. I have ghsv1, I haven’t had a breakout since diagnosed (4 months ago) and take daily medication. Since the infection “lives” in your lower spine it is not specific to anal herpes I think its still genital herpes but that should, from my understanding, be where the breakouts are.