• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I HATE MYSELF!

Jason

On 12/13/2018 at 8:34 PM, Jason said:

Just found out I have HSV1 on my Genital. I have so many emotions, suicidal thoughts, stupidly, pain, hurt.... I just don’t what to do next. If someone can please tell me how to cope with this I would appreciate it. Please!

Jason, first off as I tell everybody on this forum, I am truly sorry you have found yourself here. I know the feelings you are experiencing all too well.

With that said, I'm glad you are here, all of us here have experienced the same emotions you now battle with. Reading posts on this forum and interacting with people who have similar experiences has certainly helped me to cope. For weeks I replayed the day of my exposure in my head. I wanted more than anything to change the events of that day. But alas, I can't change whats already done.

The whole ordeal definitely took me to a dark place. Took me a while to be able to accept my new situation. Hard thing for me to admit, but I definitely cried more in a two month time period than I had in my entire life.

I think everyone has their own ways to cope, but there are healthy ways to do so. I am on this site nearly everyday, please feel free to message me any time if you would like to talk.

Also please talk to someone, anyone, if you get to a point in which you may hurt yourself. Suicide is certainly not the answer.

I really do wish you all the best.

Hi Jason, I have HSV 2 orally and genitally. I was diagnosed on 9/11/2018. I was feeling the same feelings when I was diagnosed and just 3 months later I am coping with the diagnosis much better. You will get through this! We are here for you and this is a great place to look to for support. 

Hi Jason. You are allowed to be pissed, and hurt, and angry. But dude, don't give up. Please. 

There is a psychologist named Elizabeth Kubler Ross and she has a theory about grief - stick with me for a minute. When we find out about our diagnosis, it seems like a horrible thing, and that we are losing 'something', our health, freedom, sex-lives, etc. You need to go through the process of grieving when you lose something. 

Basically the smart psychology chick says; there are 5 stages of grief and loss; denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance. The sh*tty part is that it's not linear - you don't spend 2 weeks in denial, then move to 2 weeks in anger... You bounce around like a stupid pinball and it takes as long as it takes. And it's different for everyone. https://www.psycom.net/depression.central.grief.html 

At any rate, you need to go through these things and it will suck. But you'll be stronger. I'm super proud of you for reaching out. It was very brave. Again - dude, don't give up. 

Hi Jason

I'm so sorry that you feel like you do but your feelings are pretty normal after finding out you have HSV.
Things will get better, just give it time.

You have come to the right place, where you can get help, advice & support from some truly amazing people.

Be strong, keep your chin up, big hugs bro!