• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Need some positive comments ..having a wobble

Hello, 

I’m 23 currently studying my masters and I think the stress is causing me to break out literally ALL the time 😩 I have HSV-2 and I’ve had it for just about 6 months so I’m a bit gutted my outbreaks have actually increased in frequency ! Whilst most are simply just a little bump which is a little tender this one is worse with actual ulcers 😩 luckily it’s at the side so it’s not as painful but it’s put me in a real negative place again! I keep trying to remind myself it could be worse and to be greatful that I can still live a happy, healthy life .. but it’s a lot harder to do whilst constantly breaking out 😩 I don’t know anyone around me who also has hsv2 so would just like some reassurance because all i can think about is future relationships and how hard it’s going to be to disclose when I know how the ulcers can cause pain and be a bit depressing ..

Thank you in advance 😌

• Sad 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey there,

i have GHSV 1 so I know it’s slightly different but I had prodrom symptoms for months even while taking valtrex. I’ve had it for 8 months and the prodrome finally stopped after my second outbreak in November. I think it’s our bodies just needing to recognize the virus and beat it down. I currently work nights full time in a stressful job so I think that’s what made this stupid virus stick around. I still feel like I’m itchy or sensitive down there sometimes but I think at this point it is mind over matter 

• Like 1

Hi, I'm a college student and I was also diagnosed recently, around 8 months ago. I am still in major depression and denial about all of this. Idk how to manage relationships, and I feel like theres always people talking about how gross haviing it is infront of me and its like a constant reminder of how gross it is to most people. I kind of need someone to talk to as well, so maybe we can talk?