• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

My very first disclosure... and it was a SUCCESS!!!

You have probably seen me posted for the past couple months leading up to this but after much talk in therapy, with adrial and my two siblings... i was able to successfully disclose (H and low risk hpv together) face to face to a partner I have been seeing (and really wanting to sleep with!). he was so supportive, held my hand and said, "i'm sure it was really hard for you to tell me that, thank you". we decided we will be making an appoinment to go speak with a doctor together so he can feel more comfortable about best practices to work around this. we spent the rest of the night snuggling and he wants to take me to meet his family next weekend. when i got home, he sent me this text:

"i know it was really hard for you to tell me about that today but i really appreciate that you did. i just want you to know that you can talk to me about anything and i dont want you to ever feel too embarassed or insecure about anything. i will do the same with you. and of course anything we talk about will always stay between me and you" 

I AM ON CLOUD 9 GUYS. I spent all of m 20's hiding from love.... regardless of how it turns out with this guy (which i am hopeful and optimistic), i have faced that scary demon and overcome my fear or the unknown. Thank you to all of you for that, i wouldnt have been able to do it alone. 

Ill give you an update on how the sex is. LMAO 😄 

• Like 6