• Need support? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum, a supportive and positive group of people to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have ... 

MarcT

No sores, constant irritation for 2 months

Get another test, Looks like you are at 6 months so the test should be as accurate as it's gonna get, I plan on taking the test one last time if it's negative I really want to put this herpes thing behind me. I have someone I'm interested in and currently hanging out with so I feel what your going through on that front and it just adds on to the stress.

Im sorta in the same boat, though some of my symptoms could easily be confused for jock itch (which I do have) and they tend to come and go. Just wanted to know did you get any clarity about this? I've been tested after 2 years + since any possible exposure (non type specific IGG negative), and did some WB's  (negative) but thinking about going in for one last battery of testing as I'm seeing someone now. 

Node, 6 months later and no answer. Never had any sores, just pretty steady urethral irritation, groin sensitivity, and recurring strong leg/butt/lower back pain. It’s been awful.

as per your testing... you sound pretty in the clear to me for hsv 

On 1/8/2019 at 2:36 AM, blurneworder said:

I’m trying to believe it,  but the symptoms I have match herpes.

Itchy, red bumps in groin.

Brain fog, confusion,  headaches, hard time focusing and recalling information  (made worse by eating sugar)

Tingling in the nerves of my hands, legs, and feet

Lip constantly chapped and cut

Small cuts on penis shaft with occasional peeling skin

Constant itching in my anus

Loss of hearing and a fullness of the ear

Blisters on gums

Tingling in lips

Discoloration of penis glans

Constant fatigue

Eye pain and constant dry eyes.

Itchy skin on butt checks 

Red, sore skin on corners of lips.

Constant  zits breaking out on forehead with certain spots of throbbing pain

What about any of this does not scream herpes?

Wow okay this is all resonating with me a lot! I have many of these same symptoms as a female and have tested negative for herpes. Big emphasis on pain in Perineal area. I’m not sure either ... but it helps to know we’re not alone 

5 minutes ago, Young&confused said:

Wow okay this is all resonating with me a lot! I have many of these same symptoms as a female and have tested negative for herpes. Big emphasis on pain in Perineal area. I’m not sure either ... but it helps to know we’re not alone 

Which of these apply to you? 

Why do you think you have herpes?

I’m right with you guys, tingling in hands and feet, red irritated urethra for months (slight discomfort after urination for months as well), recurring strong leg, back, perineum, and back pain that lasts for weeks, sensitive/burning groin skin, sometimes red patches on penis head (seems to respond to anti fungal), sometimes random shocks/pricks on legs and occasionally at other parts of my body.

i mostly think it’s herpes (even tho no pain when urinating and no sores) cuz this all started after unprotected sex, I’m paranoid, and no doctor has given me a better explanation... other than saying it’s not herpes and it’s in my mind. 

Tested negative by blood test at 4 weeks, doctors don’t take herpes as a serious enough option to agree to retesting 

25 minutes ago, MarcT said:

I’m right with you guys, tingling in hands and feet, red irritated urethra for months (slight discomfort after urination for months as well), recurring strong leg, back, perineum, and back pain that lasts for weeks, sensitive/burning groin skin, sometimes red patches on penis head (seems to respond to anti fungal), sometimes random shocks/pricks on legs and occasionally at other parts of my body.

i mostly think it’s herpes (even tho no pain when urinating and no sores) cuz this all started after unprotected sex, I’m paranoid, and no doctor has given me a better explanation... other than saying it’s not herpes and it’s in my mind. 

Tested negative by blood test at 4 weeks, doctors don’t take herpes as a serious enough option to agree to retesting 

I get the same run around. Some doctors tell me to go on living normally. I am almost to the point of seeing if I infect somebody else through sex.

29 minutes ago, blurneworder said:

Which of these apply to you? 

Why do you think you have herpes?

I have the typical”sores” or as you said, itchy red bumps on genitals ... also from what you mentioned I’m having brain fog/ hard time focusing, cut/chapped lips, small cuts with peeling skin on genitals, constant itching in anus, discoloration on genitals, constant fatigue, strange things going on with my eyes, itchy skin on butt cheeks. All started with intense pain and itching on perineal area. Herpes test was negative 

2 hours ago, Young&confused said:

I have the typical”sores” or as you said, itchy red bumps on genitals ... also from what you mentioned I’m having brain fog/ hard time focusing, cut/chapped lips, small cuts with peeling skin on genitals, constant itching in anus, discoloration on genitals, constant fatigue, strange things going on with my eyes, itchy skin on butt cheeks. All started with intense pain and itching on perineal area. Herpes test was negative 

Do your sores swab negative? I don't get the typical sores on the genitals, but I get sore-like acne on my face and back.